The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

It's a marathon, fellas....not a sprint.
Hey, it's frustrating, I get it. No one said it would be easy. I've done my share of venting lately, my wife is sick of hearing it from me, grin.
Almost all oil/energy is down in spite of $41 WTI--this is COVID bullsh!t.

I like Coop and enjoy his take here, but I pay zero attention to the CDEV noise. We all read the pump and dump stuff with CDEV when it bottomed 6-7 weeks ago and then it popped June 8th. That was a 700% gain from April 20th to June 8th. 7 0 0 %...
And yes, BK is a possibility, it's a risk that concerns me, I'm holding 10K of FET; but the solid oil companies (CDEV, QEP, etc,) riding out Covid are once-in-a-lifetime buys. By September things *should* be vastly different.
Diversify, but hold some of these shales into late Summer for sure....just my take. Do your DD..
Oh I hear you, and understand....but I still need to bitch a little bit!!! I'm energy heavy right now and it's taking its toll at the moment. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I missed a good day! I need work to slow down again! (Not really). I’m currently searching after hours here for anything of interest for a quick flip.

For those looking for a quick flip, ELGX just voluntarily filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Here’s a little scoop from an article:

What Happened: Irvine, California-based Endologix said it has initiated a voluntary Chapter 11 filing after undergoing a strategic review. The company also said it has simultaneously filed a consensual plan of reorganization supported by Deerfield Partners, its largest creditor.

Some of the guys in Stocktwits are pushing it pretty hard. I picked up a couple K shares just to see what happens. Could be a good quick flip, definitely (probably ) not holding any longer than tomorrow if I can squeeze 10-15% out of it....

Currently I’m up almost 10% as is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mntnguide

WKR
Sold my wkhs. Picked up a good chunk of NIO at 11.42. Ended AH at 12.19 with good volume and momentum. Might sell pre market tomorrow, might hold on and enjoy the ride. Haven't made that decision yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A couple of ancillary EV stocks to look at are:
-blnk (Blink Charging)
-plug (Plug Power)

they ran up the last couple days. I waited to mention them cause they are totally speculative. I might hold both for a day or two, especially after today’s market fun

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Well fellas, after avg down on CDEV yesterday, I was at .84. This morning I sold for break even. I want some extra cash for a scalp play, those are too much fun.

NOK and ERIC look to be setting up for a bounce. Gonna grab some more today.

Heavily concentrating on 5G development. With all the business possibly switching to remote long term, 5G is gonna be important.

EastMT

WKR
WISA sold today for 11% swing, GLBS took a small loss today, JMIA cashed out at 20% swing, quick 5% on NKLA for a few hundred bucks. Only think I have left now a little CDEV in TD account, CRK long swing.

I’d like one more scalp for the day, that would be good, but tough market. Blackout day so far was not great for stocks, maybe a late rebound? Not sure there.

Foldem

WKR
It's a marathon, fellas....not a sprint.
Hey, it's frustrating, I get it. No one said it would be easy. I've done my share of venting lately, my wife is sick of hearing it from me, grin.
Almost all oil/energy is down in spite of $41 WTI--this is COVID bullsh!t.

I like Coop and enjoy his take here, but I pay zero attention to the CDEV noise. We all read the pump and dump stuff with CDEV when it bottomed 6-7 weeks ago and then it popped June 8th. That was a 700% gain from April 20th to June 8th. 7 0 0 %...
And yes, BK is a possibility, it's a risk that concerns me, I'm holding 10K of FET; but the solid oil companies (CDEV, QEP, etc,) riding out Covid are once-in-a-lifetime buys. By September things *should* be vastly different.
Diversify, but hold some of these shales into late Summer for sure....just my take. Do your DD..

Sorry man I disagree and think that QEP and CDEV are both likely going to go bankrupt. They can't make money at $41 oil, nothing in the US unconventional plays makes sense below $50 unless its the most premium acreage in the premium plays. Debt will come due, they will keep drilling uneconomic wells to generate cash to pay back debt. What's going to happen in August when OPEC+ decides to increase production again? Death blow.

I would run far away from most small E&P stocks, they have almost all proven that they cannot make money and there are going to be a lot of bankruptcies and the industry will look very different going forward. For the majority of shareholders it won't turn out as well as WLL where equity didn't go to zero. Your shares will be worth $0.00 unless you get lucky. I hope you guys aren't betting with money that you can't lose and that you don't day trade on the wrong day on these or expect a good long term return.

Broomd

WKR
Sorry man I disagree and think that QEP and CDEV are both likely going to go bankrupt. They can't make money at $41 oil, nothing in the US unconventional plays makes sense below $50 unless its the most premium acreage in the premium plays. Debt will come due, they will keep drilling uneconomic wells to generate cash to pay back debt. What's going to happen in August when OPEC+ decides to increase production again? Death blow.

I would run far away from most small E&P stocks, they have almost all proven that they cannot make money and there are going to be a lot of bankruptcies and the industry will look very different going forward. For the majority of shareholders it won't turn out as well as WLL where equity didn't go to zero. Your shares will be worth $0.00 unless you get lucky. I hope you guys aren't betting with money that you can't lose and that you don't day trade on the wrong day on these or expect a good long term return.
I don't hold QEP, but honestly wish I had a bit; it's a solid company.
I've done my DD re. CDEV, it's positioned to mitigate long term debt until 2026. Why in the world would there be so much tute investing within a company that the management themselves didn't believe in? Completely illogical.
They are structured to take this pandemic as well as any company could hope to be. I wish I could say the same about GTE, FET and others, I hope to see at least one more really strong oil rally and I'll decide then to sell or hold those more volatile stocks.
Look, its a volitale time right now. Much of my personal port is made up of REITs that are sucking azz right now. But they will be back. Stocks like IVR and NYMT will see the light of day, and when these $2-3 stocks finally rise to even 2/3s of their pre-covid glory it won't be without some serious kwan accrued.
Lastly, agreed, I'd never be trading with money I couldn't afford to lose. That's been stressed here abundantly.. I think most fellas here get that.

Broomd

WKR
See what happens when I bail out of oil? You’re welcome. Tips can be set to like_oil_n_water.com hahaha.
Just be sure to save a portion of those tips for my Dinner when CDEV hits $3.... :)

Just noticed a nice profit from ACY....my sell triggered at 3.30, exacty on the money.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
GNUS took a dump. Up pretty good buying Pinterest, ETSY, SQ, Paypal the last few months.

When in doubt always invest in the BWG funds.

Basic White Girl ETF:
Luluemon
Starbucks
Ulta
Apple
Etsy
Pinterest
Target
UGGs

A couple of ancillary EV stocks to look at are:
-blnk (Blink Charging)
-plug (Plug Power)

they ran up the last couple days. I waited to mention them cause they are totally speculative. I might hold both for a day or two, especially after today’s market fun

I guess these wore out their welcome. Kind of a sideways day though. Still profitable. Sold early and Holding 50% for a day or two if stops don’t get me