The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
Sold my CPE after it rebounded from the hard drop with R/S reveal, slipped out with a decent profit, but not what I was after. CPE is one of the few oilers that has a BK in their past, theyve always been on my 'watch close' list due to that.

I won't invest in companies (long term) that I don't believe in, and won't hold CPE beyond a day or quick swing. Their management has always been flaky, imho.

Anyone else surprised Parsley Energy(PE) wasn’t up today after their solid earnings report? Even said they will remain cash flow positive at $35 barrel oil if I’m reading the earnings report correctly. Maybe take a day or 2 for guys to read and react to the positive news? I’m thinking I should add some more while it’s still low for a long term hold.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Just waiting for AAL and CDEV to climb. Looking to get out of both. My ideal Target price is AAL around 16-17 and CDEV 2-3. However I don't know crap so this may be wishful thinking.

Julius K

FNG
So I bought MRO (back when it got high, FOMO bit me), I have been waiting for it to rebound but think about dumping it. Should I hold it? I’m in at 7.50

Broomd

WKR
So I bought MRO (back when it got high, FOMO bit me), I have been waiting for it to rebound but think about dumping it. Should I hold it? I’m in at 7.50
I'm not in MRO, well I was back at $3....but I have several holdings that I bought into higher than I wanted in June. I never dreamed the market would tank as bad as it did for the last two months.
That said, they are all slowly coming back, some are even in the green. Patience will pay off, hang in there.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a bunch of KMPH a while back when it was in the 30¢ range, today it is trading at 59¢ so that's a good gain. The rest of my portfolio is down big time, but slowly creeping up.

Foolishly sold my AAPL on Tuesday to generate some cash.....put on some DOCU and added to TDOC yesterday, then today put on some SRNE, NEXCF, HTBX, HGEN, and added to AMZN. Worst position right now is in MRNA with cost basis of 82/share.

I’ve been selling my biotech companies when I can and buying AAPL, AMZN, FB, GOOGL, COST, etc. Shifting gears to longer term holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a successful strategy holding 10-15 stocks and waiting for one to pop then selling it but it’s getting tiring watching the market like a hawk all day. I could set sell limits but I’ve missed out on bigger profits that way. I’ll still play the game but I need to reduce from 15 stocks to day/swing trade to maybe 3 to 5.

I’ve been selling my biotech companies when I can and buying AAPL, AMZN, FB, GOOGL, COST, etc. Shifting gears to longer term holds.

Wishnu could afford them bigger safer stocks. Im trying to build up to that. Like to find a good cannabis stock and long term it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
You may want to consider the ETF MJ instead of picking a single pot stock if you want “safer”.
I've been following for 4 years now and definitely recommend caution with them. A lot of the "safe" bets 3-4 years ago are turds now.

Best bets right now IMO are Green Thumb Industries (GTBIF), Curaleaf (CURLF), Trulieve (TCNNF), Canopy Growth (CGC), and Aphria (APHA).