The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I've been following for 4 years now and definitely recommend caution with them. A lot of the "safe" bets 3-4 years ago are turds now.

Best bets right now IMO are Green Thumb Industries (GTBIF), Curaleaf (CURLF), Trulieve (TCNNF), Canopy Growth (CGC), and Aphria (APHA).

I been watching the cgc. Trying to read up some on it to see if I want to try it. Thanks for the help names sir

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
I been watching the cgc. Trying to read up some on it to see if I want to try it. Thanks for the help names sir

I'd wait on CGC I would say a good entry point would be closer to $15. They had some mixed earnings the last two quarters.

The first 3 I have mentioned have been on an absolute tear lately. I still think you could start a small position in GTBIF to just watch closer.

I'd wait on CGC I would say a good entry point would be closer to $15. They had some mixed earnings the last two quarters.

The first 3 I have mentioned have been on an absolute tear lately. I still think you could start a small position in GTBIF to just watch closer.
I will check them out. Thanks very much

I exercised my NKLAW warrants today.

Just a reminder who bought VTIQW or NKLAW, those warrants were called in. Make sure you exercise the warrant or sell it before the 21st.

What is yalls thoughts on watching the airline stocks and seeing them.get Inton them deep dips off of past chart and just using it as a lomg term.hold?

Broomd

WKR
It’s been a successful strategy holding 10-15 stocks and waiting for one to pop then selling it but it’s getting tiring watching the market like a hawk all day. I could set sell limits but I’ve missed out on bigger profits that way. I’ll still play the game but I need to reduce from 15 stocks to day/swing trade to maybe 3 to 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very apt posting here, and one I can relate to. I know I've given up some decent profits by not watching all day long, I simply have too much crap to do to follow along like I should.
I've been putting some sell orders in with slightly higher margins and it's helped a bit. Once in awhile one will pop.
If and when we have a REAL market rally, I'll pare the many I hold down to a few select stocks that I really like.
Amazing just how bad this '28,000 Dow" market really is. Brutal compared to the '27,700 Dow' market of June 8th. Absolutely no comparison. T i m e...the equalizer, especaily if we KAG.

I also appreciate what brozone’s strategy entails. I held on a few (10-18) longs/blues at any given time and narrowed it down to 10. Then averaged down until today when 2/3’s popped and became profitable. It worked for me and maybe won’t work for everyone. But, I based my choices on fundamentals and knew they were long term.
on the other end, I held 6-7 volatile $1-5 stocks. One would pop and then make up for the non-movement of the rest. Sell that one. Then I would pick another and rotate it in.
this is not the volume/volatility of April/May. But there are some good choices out there.
Meanwhile, I’ve watched my crypto raise 30-50%

Last edited:

aussielr

FNG
"I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit."

I am not sure cruise lines would be high on my list at the moment. I know in Australia they are basically saying they won't be allowed to operate for a long time and I am sure that is the same in most places

mwebs

WKR
My outlook for the near future of this market is very grim. My 401k came screaming back with this inflated bs, so I took the chance to dump it into guarantee return funds until after the election or until the next shit hits the fans moment and I will dump it back in. Also pulled out of most positions where I was up or even. Just can’t figure out how we are breaking records right now... It was fun and easy day trading for a while there!

My outlook for the near future of this market is very grim. My 401k came screaming back with this inflated bs, so I took the chance to dump it into guarantee return funds until after the election or until the next shit hits the fans moment and I will dump it back in. Also pulled out of most positions where I was up or even. Just can’t figure out how we are breaking records right now... It was fun and easy day trading for a while there!
I am feeling the same. I posted sometime last week about my changing strategy. Well, changed again. I sold all long’s I am profitable in to cover the Initial investment costs, leaving whatever shares that equal profit in my portfolio. Hopefully I make a little more off those and my cost basis is clear. This will give me liquidity later, but less profits as There are less shares in the market to gain profits.
I am still playing the volatile stocks the same. Pick a few, let one or two take off, sell those, and rotate in some more.
the reason why I’ve switched the long strategy is because these oversold conditions feel a little like the first of June to me.
SP at a record filling an ascending wedge as the volume is rapidly decreasing.
D4CC0B9B-627F-41D7-9CC4-80CA5250522C.png
The VIX nearing the termination of a descending wedge.
4D88973B-5F56-40AF-A3E8-3B145CF1FC78.png
mid the SP breaks down to test previous support, the vix is gonna break up with volatility and the shorts are gonna have a field day.
I’ll re-enter my liquidity when it makes sense again. My rule has been to pull out when it doesn’t.
Anyone see anything differently. I’m always down to learn and discuss.

Julius K

FNG
I am feeling the same. I posted sometime last week about my changing strategy. Well, changed again. I sold all long’s I am profitable in to cover the Initial investment costs, leaving whatever shares that equal profit in my portfolio. Hopefully I make a little more off those and my cost basis is clear. This will give me liquidity later, but less profits as There are less shares in the market to gain profits.
I am still playing the volatile stocks the same. Pick a few, let one or two take off, sell those, and rotate in some more.
the reason why I’ve switched the long strategy is because these oversold conditions feel a little like the first of June to me.
SP at a record filling an ascending wedge as the volume is rapidly decreasing.
View attachment 207845
The VIX nearing the termination of a descending wedge.
View attachment 207846
mid the SP breaks down to test previous support, the vix is gonna break up with volatility and the shorts are gonna have a field day.
I’ll re-enter my liquidity when it makes sense again. My rule has been to pull out when it doesn’t.
Anyone see anything differently. I’m always down to learn and discuss.

broken arrow, what platform is that?

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
For you guys in airlines, are you long and predicting that they will make it back to pre covid prices or are you playing the short term for a few bucks?

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
No doubt something is going to happen here. It’s either coiling for the next leg up or we are going to break down. Logically it may not make sense but it’s absolutely possible just to continue to melt up here for awhile. Fundamentals sure haven’t mattered much as of late....

The only thing I’m currently holding is OTM TSLA calls I sold expiring this week. All my other buys I’m in and out of within 1-3 days.