The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

CorbLand

WKR
I honestly can’t predict how it’s going to run or react. I think it’ll be a while before it runs up that high but then again I’ve been wrong before. Thankfully I’m able to check on the stock throughout the day so just keeping my eye on it and will play it as it comes. I do have a stop loss set now so that incase it comes crashing back I can get back into a lower position and wait it out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That basically the same thing I have done but I am new to all of this so was just curious if anyone had an idea of what they think it will top out at before going back down again.

Deaner20

WKR
What is your all thought on the oil companies buying now and see if it jumps up in 2021 with new pres ?

Broomd

WKR
GTE appears to be rising from the ashes. I need it to rise a lot more (.60) before that bag is unloaded.
I hear ya, I'm right on the bubble at mid 30's, 20K shares...love to see that stock hit a buck, damn.
It will, it's a matter of time, but how long? grin....

REITs are kicking ass, NYMT, GPMT, SRG...hold or sell is the ?
Gonna hold SRG to $25, sell NYMT if it hits $4, GPMT if it hits 11. Rebuy when dust settles. We'll see what happens....

I'm probably nuts not to take profits more often.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
I'd been sitting on IDEX at 1.35 for a few months, holding a substantial bag. Thankfully I was able to sell it yesterday for 2.65 before it rocketed up to 3.85 in pre-market this morning. I don't have to carry the burden of obscene profits. That sort of thing can weigh heavily on a guy.
John, you're not alone! lol....

XRP has tripled in the last week. Still not a bad time to buy in at just 70 cents but I would wait and see what this run settles at first!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
New to investing. What your guys thoughts on the prospect of investing in companies developing covid vaccines? Namely Moderna, Pfizer, Novavax? Have some extra money to invest beyond my normal retirement accounts and thought this might be a decent play over the next year or two. Spreading money between two or three of them as they will likely all benefit, or have one really grow and cover the loss of the one that doesn’t pan out. Interested in what you more experienced investors think.

EastMT

WKR
New to investing. What your guys thoughts on the prospect of investing in companies developing covid vaccines? Namely Moderna, Pfizer, Novavax? Have some extra money to invest beyond my normal retirement accounts and thought this might be a decent play over the next year or two. Spreading money between two or three of them as they will likely all benefit, or have one really grow and cover the loss of the one that doesn’t pan out. Interested in what you more experienced investors think.

I’m currently in PFE options, 1/15/21, $40 calls. Right now I’m up 100%, holding for $40 before I start scaling out.

MRNA Is a bit crazy, I’m not chasing that one at all. PFE doesn’t move fast, it’s just too big, so buying shares probably won’t make all that much. Both of these I’d say you are a little late, but it’s impossible to know when people start piling in, anything could happen.

AZ8

WKR
See a lot of quick sells!

How are guys avoiding all the short-term Capital Gains taxes?

Ive got 100K sitting in a Vanguard Money Market fund. This will be used for a home purchase mid-2021. I‘d love to play the market with this, but I need to keep it liquid and avoid the short-term CG tax at the same time.

EastMT

WKR

Ive got 100K sitting in a Vanguard Money Market fund. This will be used for a home purchase mid-2021. I‘d love to play the market with this, but I need to keep it liquid and avoid the short-term CG tax at the same time.

Short term capital gains are not that big a deal until you get into the big profits. If I make 80k profits and pay 10k in taxes, I’d still be pretty happy.

6d94b1970c8557573e026e8cb583bd76.jpg

CorbLand

WKR

I dont make enough for taxes to really be a big hit and really only play with money that would otherwise be sitting. Might as well pay 10% taxes on gains than let it accumulate .5% interest.

I used my time stuck at home to learn to trade on MT4. Its paid off EXTREMELY well. The more volatile the market, the more and faster money comes. Mostly trading US30, SPX, DJI, and XAU/USD. Recently started on BTC and XRP. Also been holding a bunch of BTC since May (+200%). Bitcoin is now the largest bank in the world - don’t miss the train.

I’ve also started in binary options. I’m a fan!

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I used my time stuck at home to learn to trade on MT4. Its paid off EXTREMELY well. The more volatile the market, the more and faster money comes. Mostly trading US30, SPX, DJI, and XAU/USD. Recently started on BTC and XRP. Also been holding a bunch of BTC since May (+200%). Bitcoin is now the largest bank in the world - don’t miss the train.

I’ve also started in binary options. I’m a fan!
What platform are you using for binary?

who cares, profit is profit! no diff than a job, do you ask for a pay cut to be in a lower bracket???

don't let the tax tail wag the dog
If I have a choice between a short term gain taxed as regular income at 22% versus holding and making it long term capital gains taxed at 0%, I'll go with the latter.

That also informs my investing strategy of buying quality and holding.