The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Bling and I have tripled our accounts since Friday. Picking up some 1/15 PFE $40 calls on this dip if you play options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What platform are you using for binary?
IQ Cent. A lot of other people use VideForex. Just make sure whatever platform you use, they have a rollover option.

This morning was once again BLUETIFUL on MT4! Took a standard lot sell on SPX last night and woke up to it hitting my TP. Took 5 mini lot buys on XAU last night and woke to it smashing my TP. Wish I took that XAU on a standard lot, but it didn’t work for my risk calc at my SL. Made more in my sleep than I used to make a week at my job. Legal bank robbery.

Slow morning with Powell talking at market open it was too risky to jump in anywhere. Quality over quantity.

83BB559A-A76B-48B6-9207-C6CB5C4EB9A4.jpeg3E5CAE02-6C1F-4415-91AA-31885530737A.jpeg

Attachments

• FF70A88F-6C98-4080-A12E-48021D1CC280.jpeg
    FF70A88F-6C98-4080-A12E-48021D1CC280.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 48

sasquatch

WKR
If I have a choice between a short term gain taxed as regular income at 22% versus holding and making it long term capital gains taxed at 0%, I'll go with the latter.

That also informs my investing strategy of buying quality and holding.

And one could easily hold and lose. It’s a gamble. Money in the pocket is never a bad thing

Time, is also money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crushed it on pot stocks since last Monday. Just cause you trade it doesn't mean you have to smoke it. lol
Also, the vote on federal legalization this thurs/fri could produce some buy the news scenarios before its voted down and they all crash. HEXO, IGC, MMEDF, TLRY, SNDL.
MESA airlines has become one of my 2X 2021 Roth plays. Somehow they were 17% profitable during the Covid. No other airline was! Look at the financials.
Buying up all the EV's until Nikola finally dies and quits dragging them all down. Be aware that Nio could be delisted of the NYSE. What a POS.
Literally, have been picking any Spac Stocks out there. And there are tons. Throwing $250 in each and reaping 60% on most within a week. It's a full time job. Way better than my last.
I own BTC and XRP. Cannot say how happy I've been since April. Watch for a liquidity flood into Crypto. The dollar is F'd for now. no one is gonna keep "cash" there anymore. Negative return.
Its been a very wild year since March. Keep it up ya'll. Happy hunting.

WRO

WKR
Crushed it on pot stocks since last Monday. Just cause you trade it doesn't mean you have to smoke it. lol
Also, the vote on federal legalization this thurs/fri could produce some buy the news scenarios before its voted down and they all crash. HEXO, IGC, MMEDF, TLRY, SNDL.
MESA airlines has become one of my 2X 2021 Roth plays. Somehow they were 17% profitable during the Covid. No other airline was! Look at the financials.
Buying up all the EV's until Nikola finally dies and quits dragging them all down. Be aware that Nio could be delisted of the NYSE. What a POS.
Literally, have been picking any Spac Stocks out there. And there are tons. Throwing $250 in each and reaping 60% on most within a week. It's a full time job. Way better than my last.
I own BTC and XRP. Cannot say how happy I've been since April. Watch for a liquidity flood into Crypto. The dollar is F'd for now. no one is gonna keep "cash" there anymore. Negative return.
Its been a very wild year since March. Keep it up ya'll. Happy hunting.
Any good spacs coming up?

OXN939

WKR
Finally got out of my CDEV at only a relatively small loss. That and GILD, which has stubbornly refused to do anything but hemorrhage value even with one of the first FDA-approved COVID treatments, are my only big red spots for the year.

Kinda hoping this slide in the tech industry keeps up another day or two so I can get back into my solar positions...

CorbLand

WKR
Finally got out of my CDEV at only a relatively small loss. That and GILD, which has stubbornly refused to do anything but hemorrhage value even with one of the first FDA-approved COVID treatments, are my only big red spots for the year.

Kinda hoping this slide in the tech industry keeps up another day or two so I can get back into my solar positions...
I hopped out of CDEV for a 10% gain and am glad I did. Definitely one I will keep an eye on and probably load up around .50 each time it hits there.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
I was holding at over a dollar. Sold that and it dropped to $0.56. Grabbed 10k shares and offloaded for over $1 per. Got lucky.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Short term capital gains are not that big a deal until you get into the big profits. If I make 80k profits and pay 10k in taxes, I’d still be pretty happy.

6d94b1970c8557573e026e8cb583bd76.jpg

Short term gains are taxed as regular income. So profit from any investments you buy and hold for less than a year are going to be added on top of your regular income and taxed as such. Just so it is clear for the newbies.

Easy calculator here: https://smartasset.com/investing/capital-gains-tax-calculator

Reactions: AZ8

EastMT

WKR
Thats fine, that means Im making money. I put the numbers they send me into TurboTax, it spits it out, good to go. Don’t even have to type it, put your account info in, magic it’s in. Tax man gets his, I get to have my fun

Saw Biden was going to announce his economic team so I hustled up for a US30 sell. New stop loss is 150 points in profit and TP is +220 points. My position is 5 mini lots. Basically a moose hunt on my only trade of the day on a 2% risk trade. Started with $500 in June. Seriously, get on MT4, it has changed the game!

Attachments

• 122A39BB-E0D1-4E5C-8FB3-F1D5C5298B1E.jpeg
    122A39BB-E0D1-4E5C-8FB3-F1D5C5298B1E.jpeg
    600.5 KB · Views: 52

EastMT

WKR

EastMT

WKR
Saw Biden was going to announce his economic team so I hustled up for a US30 sell. New stop loss is 150 points in profit and TP is +220 points. My position is 5 mini lots. Basically a moose hunt on my only trade of the day on a 2% risk trade. Started with $500 in June. Seriously, get on MT4, it has changed the game!

Sounds like fun, but not really interested in another trading platform, have 3 now! Hard to keep up with, really enjoying options

I just input the numbers, says 12%

9ecc78c4d20a125d7c5f8679aa5622c9.jpg

0b9927ce1422b606bf0a0b131fdb8a84.jpg

That is not the number is spits out when I run the same information through it. And if you live in most states they get their pound of flesh as well. (Not Texas)

...Short-term capital gains tax is a tax on profits from the sale of an asset held for one year or less. The short-term capital gains tax rate equals your ordinary income tax rate — your tax bracket...

Reactions: AZ8