The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Johnboy

WKR
*Boom* .....congrats to those who grabbed some ITRM -- up 46% today.
MIK is up 20%+ as well, it hit the new 52 week high. Grabbed $4K this morning, overall it's been a profitable two weeks.
I'm holding ITRM @ 1.58 from back in spring. I suck at this. Sincerely.

WRO

WKR

Take your licks and reinvest other than holding loosers. I lost 40% on a stock 3 weeks ago after watching it continue to flounder.. Took my licks, bought the PLTR ipo with what remained, sold last week up 25% from the loss.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
With options, remember, you live by the sword, you’ll die by the sword. Sounds like you have a good idea what you are doing but for anyone new, start small buying shares and figure it out from there.

Wake up at 4, in bed by 10. Full time job with a two year old and an 8 month prego wife also working full time (which means I usually get my kid ready and make breakfast and supper too). I dedicate no more than 3 hours a day combined learning and trading (plus a few trades I take that are sent to me). I set my automatic loss and automatic take profit and let it ride trusting my analysis and get on with my day. I’ll make time to change my family’s life! My account started with $500 in June. Never lose more than 3% a day or I’m done for the day.

(edit: that was for the guys that ask how a person finds time to stare at charts all day)

Edit again: you can also set alerts on trading view. so I set an alert if something is heading where I want it and once it goes into my target zone I get an alert, open my phone, and click a button.

Attachments

• 974E868B-D9DB-4319-B58D-C16432E4A27E.jpeg
    974E868B-D9DB-4319-B58D-C16432E4A27E.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 7D1E4B54-F263-4422-B1BF-A93FD616550F.jpeg
    7D1E4B54-F263-4422-B1BF-A93FD616550F.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
With options, remember, you live by the sword, you’ll die by the sword. Sounds like you have a good idea what you are doing but for anyone new, start small buying shares and figure it out from there.

Yes sir, I told everyone if you start with $1000, be prepared to lose it, that’s the price of options class! Gotta learn, and only one way!

Up neary 100% on CDEV, dump it and wait for the drop or let it ride? Most of my stuff is long term holds but I like to have a couple to play with on my lunch breaks.

Broomd

WKR
I'm holding from Spring too. I bought back then at about $2.25 or so, it quickly hit the sh tter thereafter. I averaged down a couple of times.
I'm at parity now, but won't sell, ITRM is expecting favorable news on an oral UTI drug. This will be $2.75-$4.00 easily then I suspect.
Coop was right, this one does pop, but you have to be ready for those rare spikes. I missed the last two by a few cents with my sell orders-grrrr. I'm a bit more cautious now.

Up neary 100% on CDEV, dump it and wait for the drop or let it ride? Most of my stuff is long term holds but I like to have a couple to play with on my lunch breaks.

I’m waiting personally. We gain 10 day compliance tomorrow which should send it higher. And any stimulus or vaccine news will keep it shooting up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes sir, I told everyone if you start with $1000, be prepared to lose it, that’s the price of options class! Gotta learn, and only one way!

Absolutely. With options, you better be prepared to lose easy 30-50% or greater. Anything less and I’d argue that your stops are too tight.

For sure I’ve paid my dues to learn what I have. And losing real money is the best way to learn.

EastMT

WKR
Well, that was a flash crash! Wild for a minute there. Ended up down $100 for the day, nothing crazy, but should have been better without that dump. There’s a rumor that it’s wrong, so see what happens

Attachments

• FCEB2375-A437-427D-89E0-829B287860E1.jpeg
    FCEB2375-A437-427D-89E0-829B287860E1.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 57

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I got in on PLUG around 4 months ago. It has gone up steadily almost 400% since then. I am also in on FSR for some decent gains. The hydrogen car market seems to be doing pretty good. SPPI is another one that I have done really well with and think it may climb even higher if they get approval. This year's market has been one for the ages. Literally 10 years worth of gains in 1 year. Good luck all and hope you pick em right.

EastMT

WKR

So the vaccine news that “dropped” has been out since Nov 9, nothing new. Seems this was a planned hit, and some big boys got in cheap lol.

PFE still delivering the same number 50 million, 50 million first week of Jan. So non-news caused the crash, somebody played a profitable game today haha. Still holding for a decent pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Market was resisting at the previous high all day. If finally busted through so I set an alarm at the support. alarm activates and when it broke through took a big sell position on that crash all the way to the bottom! It wicked my old support line and I was automatically out with a FAT bag. 1500 pips in 10 minutes.

This is the 5 minute chart. My black support and resistance lines were drawn over a week ago on the 1 hour chart. The reactions are almost perfect - textbook past resistance become new support. God bless this country and this abundant opportunity we are living with! Shame on any politician telling people otherwise.

Attachments

• 279F6220-C3A1-4A4A-81DF-4F13296B32D1.jpeg
    279F6220-C3A1-4A4A-81DF-4F13296B32D1.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

wayoh22

WKR
Market was resisting at the previous high all day. If finally busted through so I set an alarm at the support. alarm activates and when it broke through took a big sell position on that crash all the way to the bottom! It wicked my old support line and I was automatically out with a FAT bag. 1500 pips in 10 minutes.

This is the 5 minute chart. My black support and resistance lines were drawn over a week ago on the 1 hour chart. The reactions are almost perfect - textbook past resistance become new support. God bless this country and this abundant opportunity we are living with! Shame on any politician telling people otherwise.
This is brilliant, well played.

Going to do some research as I'm not familiar with support and resistance.

EDIT: This explained everything:

Last edited:

Wisco2020

FNG
Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
We bought Cruise lines, Airlines, REITs and some other travel or entertainment stocks throughout. JETs is an index fund for airlines that might be a little safer than individual stocks for those who are interested.