The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

WRO

WKR
Spy banged 380 twice today, it won't hold it next time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
I get a kick out of the "investors" i know..

We'll just ride this down and then ride it back up..

I don't understand the logic of falling down the stairs to limp back up them again, when you can just take 2 bags of cash and ride the elevator down.

I'm moving the rest of my retirement to bond funds and oil this next week..

And making 20% plays in inverse etfs.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I picked a bad time to start a new hobby. I should have stuck to wasting money on stuff I didn’t need from the classifieds.

My advice is to sit back and just watch. When volatility is high, things get choppy. Doesn’t take much to get chopped up with it.
I’m sitting on my hands for now. I’ve got to much going on where I can’t focus enough time/attention on the market. When it picks a direction, I’ll climb back in.

BBob

WKR
Spy banged 380 twice today, it won't hold it next time.

It might not hold. There was huge volume coming in to prop it up at $380 so there is some incentive there. Let’s see what next week brings. If it cracks it’ll likely head down to $373 levels. The market is volatile right now with lots of things in flux. The VIX has been steadily climbing all week and popped 30 three times today. Hopefully we’ll get out of February ASAP and into March and things will settle.

WRO

WKR
It might not hold. There was huge volume coming in to prop it up at $380 so there is some incentive there. Let’s see what next week brings. If it cracks it’ll likely head down to $373 levels. The market is volatile right now with lots of things in flux. The VIX has been steadily climbing all week and popped 30 three times today. Hopefully we’ll get out of February ASAP and into March and things will settle.
At some point sooner than later we're going to run out of buyers at 380..

I think the little stocks are the canary in the mineshaft on this and they're all doing shitty, first the dogshit, then the marginal, then the good ones drop to pay for the margin losses..

I'm not sure 373 will hold either, with the market over 60% in margin, banks will get theirs..

NDGuy

WKR
I get a kick out of the "investors" i know..

We'll just ride this down and then ride it back up..

I don't understand the logic of falling down the stairs to limp back up them again, when you can just take 2 bags of cash and ride the elevator down.

I'm moving the rest of my retirement to bond funds and oil this next week..

And making 20% plays in inverse etfs.

I feel personally attacked man

Stimmy checks 3.0 were approved.

FUD was driving the market this past week. The latest round of gov't cheddar and J Pow promising to make money printer go BRRR for at least 3 years should give it a bounce this coming week.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Stimmy checks 3.0 were approved.

FUD was driving the market this past week. The latest round of gov't cheddar and J Pow promising to make money printer go BRRR for at least 3 years should give it a bounce this coming week.

I would like my 10 hours back please. And here I thought there would atleast be a plot twist somewhere.

WRO

WKR
The metrics haven't changed for an impending correction. Stimmy will raise rates, still massive over valuation in the market, and the market is still highly leveraged.

EastMT

WKR
e0ca39271555207ed938befcfa0a2b8d.jpg

a5d23266501fad10fe7c6f908d42cd12.jpg

So on the top one we need to watch to make sure we aren’t building a head and shoulders, if we do then it will be another bigger dip day mid to end of March.

On the bottom one we have broken through the trend line similar to last fall, so it doesn’t mean crash, could mean another 1000-1500 dip, but Stimmy news could bolster it this week, but the stimulus bill looks like more BS than actual help, so not sure how that news will age.

Main thing is cash is ok, smaller positions mean smaller gains, but also smaller losses. Play it safe until we know the direction, the frenzy is on pause as we have talked and discussed a few times, it’s here and right now was only a minor dip. Play the he chart, read the chart, be prepared.

Exiting and entering the market this spring I used the chart solely and did well with my 401k, charts and EMA, trend lines don’t lie, no matter the emotions. I’ll try to add new pics as I see it a bit here and there.

Mainly daytrading/ scalping at this time, I’m currently learning a new DT system that doesn’t matter the market direction. If you are into daytrading/scalping Pm me, I can share it with you to test out, or I could post it here I guess, it takes a little practice and you have to be in front of the computer while you trade.

I tested this new Method Friday with $500, 5 $100 trades. Puts/calls as the indicator showed. I cleared 17% with 5 trades, 17 minutes was the longest position, 5-7 min was avg. Should have cleared 22% but messed up the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Ok so I was playing SPY calls and puts, but you could do it with any stock that has lots of up and down movements throughout the day.

If I was buying a call, and the spy was say 380, I would buy a $381 call that expires today when the below indicator shows buy signal.

For a SPY put, I’d buy one at $379 if it was $380, $1 under the current price.

In Webull there is an indicator called Supertrend(ST). It shows entries for calls/puts green/red.

EastMT

WKR
4de6aeff7fbfcfdfa2aec9b6f81c53a8.jpg

I had my trend lines drawn and was watching that as well. The red stripes were the biggest ones, I had self doubt when it crossed my trend line down and didn’t buy a put, missed out on a 100%+ gain there.

EastMT

WKR
93b6f01f1580ff8e01eada0351774d53.jpg

cb82c8242931fa34c465bc4f28dc7907.jpg

T
e330d20ac076b2a92d0fe5f36f0d54f7.jpg

These are the settings i like so far, 1/50. This is a quick trade, and you can’t look away for a minute. It does not show exits, it you wait for it to give a sell signal then you lose a lot, so exit when you are happy. These are 10-30% in a few minutes. Also cut your losses small, if it turns and you don’t like it, cut it for a few % loss. Good wins, small losses.

The danger is if you hold them till the end of the day, you could lose 100% of your investment, so this is quick in, quick out for day trading. I did 5 trades, won 3, should have won 4 but put the wrong price in and it turned on my so I lost it.

Really fun, high speed, and I got all my losses from my swings back this week, and my account is back to -$40 from all time high. So could supplement swings that are down while waiting

EastMT

WKR
I would encourage you if you want to try it, paper trade with a paper and pencil, go through the motions of buying a call option, write the mid price down, then follow the chart, go through the motions of selling and write the mid price down again. Practice 20-30 times until you are comfortable and keep track of wins/losses. Write what you did wrong, right. Treat it like a school course and don’t just jump in, it’s not easy money or for people who can’t read charts/patterns

EastMT

WKR
3e1cb2f81743df3c23aa164d8f3d7c2e.jpg

On this chart I was texting Derek about the pattern, telling him it was in an ascending triangle which was usually bearish so I was out for a second waiting, at that exact moment started dropping and kept going. If I would have trusted my gut I’d have made $100-150 profit on $100 purchase. Obviously the big boys do this with 100 options at a time and can make a killing on it. I’d like to get good enough to buy 10 at a time, but we will see how it goes. Nice making money on red and green

Last edited:
3e1cb2f81743df3c23aa164d8f3d7c2e.jpg

On this chart I was texting Derek about the pattern, telling him it was in an ascending triangle which was usually bearish so I was out for a second waiting, at that exact moment started dropping and kept going. If I would have trusted my gut I’d have made $100-150 profit on $100 purchase. Obviously the big boys do this with 100 options at a time and can make a killing on it. I’d like to get good enough to buy 10 at a time, but we will see how it goes. Nice making money on red and green

Not sure what id do without you keeping me up to date on these big moves while feedin and trying to keep up. Appreciate ya coop....spy plays everyday now!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk