The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
Nah, she'll come back to Earth. This run is cool, but not realistic for a bottom. Hopefully $3.90-$4 is in the real view mirror for good. Time will tell.

Oil and REITS are green today, hopefully guys went there over the last few months to hedge the OTC bets....

We're you able to sell premarket when it was over $6?

Broomd

WKR
We're you able to sell premarket when it was over $6?
Nope, didn't try.
I've got a SO in at $12, if we're fortunate I may move that higher too.

I sold my IVR today, have held that turd for 9-10 months, waiting and waiting.
I took a good chunk of that $ and grabbed 1K shares of ACY at $7+. That low floater can pop to $12 anytime. Some of us remember when that went from $2 to $38 (halted) on Christmas eve weekend. I literally sold that morning for mere hundreds. Groan....

Last edited:
Nope, didn't try.
I've got a SO in at $12, if we're fortunate I may move that higher too.

I took a good chunk of that $ and grabbed 1K shares of ACY at $7+. That low floater can pop to $12 anytime. Some of us remember when that went from $2 to $38 (halted) on Christmas eve weekend. I literally sold that morning for mere hundreds. Groan....
IVR....man I've been patient with that bitch. I seem to see nothing but the upside from last year on it....

Say isn’t so, that’s not like you! Blink twice if you’re being forced to sell against your will...

Kidding aside, I’ve almost done the same thing several times. Ill give her a bit longer to shape up, but at the same time there’s a lot of valuable plays to be made that I’m missing out on. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I can’t remember if it’s been brought up here much before, but TRCH is merging with MetaMaterials. Trch will be divesting all of its assets (ie drilling grounds in Texas) by sometime in June. They will be paying a special dividend to shareholders from their divestiture proceeds. It isn’t known what the dividend will be since they haven’t sold (or determined what they’ll be able to sell for) yet, but apparently some have tried to crunch the numbers and are predicting it could be anywhere from $1 to $25 a share.

For those that want to learn more, this video had a lot of good info.

Broomd

WKR
I know fellas; but IVR's been a real MFer and unlike other REITS it's just stagnant. You know me, I hold long, but at some point it's over.
I finally said enough with CORR too. Another like IVR, but divi-energy that had huge value pre-covid and that didn't ever regain its past glory. ER last month popped for a few hours, then back to the dungeon.

I put much of those in GTE, AMPY, BORR, FORW. .....ACY is already up about $800 just from today's trade. Sometimes ya gotta pull the plug when it's time.

Broomd

WKR
Say isn’t so, that’s not like you! Blink twice if you’re being forced to sell against your will...

Kidding aside, I’ve almost done the same thing several times. Ill give her a bit longer to shape up, but at the same time there’s a lot of valuable plays to be made that I’m missing out on. Decisions, decisions...

Now that I'm out they'll announce a merger with TSLA!! :D

So, on Wednesday I posted about my son and was asking about better “day trading” platforms. He started with $10k on his fake stock sim account. I mentioned he was up over 400% (so I thought) since he started back in January. Well, he just showed me his account and here is a screen shot.
Obviously there is no risk trading with fake money. He said he was up $287k but the last two days he dropped some.
I think I have found my new broker. Time to see what he can do with real money.

Attachments

• 29003D8C-67CC-47B8-A466-927CB2C8D1B2.jpeg
    29003D8C-67CC-47B8-A466-927CB2C8D1B2.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

ejs21

FNG
MEG, NVA, WCP, TVE, SU, CNQ, ERF all companies making handfuls of money as the price of oil increases. Most not even close to recovered to pre-Covid pricing either.

NDGuy

WKR
So, on Wednesday I posted about my son and was asking about better “day trading” platforms. He started with $10k on his fake stock sim account. I mentioned he was up over 400% (so I thought) since he started back in January. Well, he just showed me his account and here is a screen shot.
Obviously there is no risk trading with fake money. He said he was up $287k but the last two days he dropped some.
I think I have found my new broker. Time to see what he can do with real money.
That's awesome!

Although little easier to yolo on shit with fake money instead of risking a nice 4/2 bed bathroom house on a stock lol

EastMT

WKR
Well everything I’m reading is expecting a bounce here up to SPY 400 or a hair over. They are expecting a larger dip to the 340 spy area after that. I will be playing but watching for signs we are dipping again.

As we approach the 400-405 area if I’m in any swings I will be scaling out as necessary, have powder ready for the bigger pullback.

I’d love a really good pullback, buying opp all over the place to make a rebound chunk in 2020 and 2021!

WRO

WKR
There still in play, mkt is scared of interest rates and bond rates, both of which are rising..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anyone have opinions on stocks that should run a little with the stimulus announcement?

Been watching PYPL, OSTK, ETSY, PINS down quite a bit. Big brick and mortar retail has been sliding with an uptick Friday.

WRO

WKR
They'll all run for a bit, my concerns for the long term are still in place, this was just a trailer for the real show..

I'm going to trade but be much more cautious about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk