The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Johnboy

WKR
Keep in mind that lithium is very common actually, the value is in graphite, nickel, and lead.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I just received a quote for some 304SS plate related to a job proposal, and there's a monster surcharge for the nickel component. The quote is good for a mere 24 hrs. Apparently nickel prices are in extreme flux.

BBob

WKR
So some of the big players in the nickel mining space are BHP, VALE, GLNCY. Those have all taken off since last November and peaked in January but seem to be consolidating. Any thoughts on the demand going forward and where these may go?

Any small players that haven't been noticed quite yet that anybody is looking at?

PLM at a quick glance looks like a candidate. Might just be a quick play rather than long term. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
With stimulus checks set to hit bank accounts wednesday, any advice on what to buy/sell tomorrow? Pretty diversified over tech, oil, alt energy, consumer discetionary and OTC stocks

So some of the big players in the nickel mining space are BHP, VALE, GLNCY. Those have all taken off since last November and peaked in January but seem to be consolidating. Any thoughts on the demand going forward and where these may go?

Any small players that haven't been noticed quite yet that anybody is looking at?

PLM at a quick glance looks like a candidate. Might just be a quick play rather than long term. Any thoughts?
I wanted to jump in one of those mining plays but couldn't find one with big upside. Seems like you would/could be buying at a premium right now.

Broomd

WKR
Keep in mind that lithium is very common actually, the value is in graphite, nickel, and lead.

Always good DD from ya, WRO. The bigger issue has to do with the specific quality of the lithium mined. Apparently there can be a profound difference between mined products, some are far better than others.
It's much akin to the difference in crude oil, some of which is easier (think more cost effective) to refine due to it's purity right from the ground.

I just received a quote for some 304SS plate related to a job proposal, and there's a monster surcharge for the nickel component. The quote is good for a mere 24 hrs. Apparently nickel prices are in extreme flux.
Wow, that is crazy. Thanks for adding some context, JB; that's the advantage of a thread like this.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
BP just opened a new exploration area in Prudhoe, I added $BPT off of that for an longer term oil play, dividend level is around 30% yearly at the current price.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR

$vale will be huge due to their deal with $tsla. They would've ran 500% if the news was dropped during an upcycle in the market.

Sorry for the twitter handle stock ticker. I post a lot on there as I got banned from my usual hideout over in Ifish.

@shorseytrades on twitter. Although I will try to be more active on here going forward..

BBob

WKR
CCIV looks to be coming around and mby setting up again. Early to tell but looking good for a possible upswing. If it can break 31-32 ish levels it might go again.

Attachments

• CCIV 03_15_2021.JPG
    CCIV 03_15_2021.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 42

22lr

WKR
I wanted to jump in one of those mining plays but couldn't find one with big upside. Seems like you would/could be buying at a premium right now.
If you want to really gamble... NAK is the outfit trying to mine Pebble Mine. They filed an appeal 2 weeks ago... if they win the appeal they will explode. But if they lose they will crash hard, again. Pure lottery scenario. Probably less than a 3% chance they win the appeal, but if they do... lol. But pebble is their only mine prospect from what I understand, so not like they have any fundamentals to fall back on. Also a really crappy company with a history of not being honest/straight lieing... I mention them more as a joke.

For a better play, I went with ABML. Just took a pretty healthy dip off a seemingly bonus report. Not mining per say, but a Lithium battery recycling startup. Probably 2 years away from turning on their production line at a min, but a cool business model on paper.

BBob

WKR
BP just opened a new exploration area in Prudhoe, I added $BPT off of that for an longer term oil play, dividend level is around 30% yearly at the current price.
They like many others are way off their EOY 2019 highs. Lots of potential upside there to regain.

WRO

WKR
Correction I was wrong, hilcorp did but that added money to the bpx trust as I understand it, that being said I need to dig in a little deeper on my dd on it, kinda jumped the gun.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
^^^ As I read it Hilcorp is privately held and finalized the purchase of BP's Alaska interests last year.

Yes, but hilcorp agreed to pay ongoing as part of the BPT trust. Took me 2 hours to dig it up, rub is that there is no dividend unless the oil is above 54.25 a barrel.. Which we're getting well north of that.

Hilcorps ownership is better mid term than BP as they are much better at maximizing resources than BP in Alaska..

22lr

WKR
I am seeing that Lucid's CEO will be interviewed by Cramer tomorrow. Here we go!

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Yup, there facility in Casa Grande is gonna be Huge! Lots of room to expand as well. Market cap is tough for me to swallow on these EV companies, but the market seems not to mind. I am sitting with some good positions in FSR, PLUG, CCIV and BLNK. They have all payed pretty good over the last year with Plug being my biggest hit.

WRO

WKR
Plug and blink have some of the worst financials I've seen, I'd always have one foot out the door with them..