The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
I pretty much got into active trading from reading this board. Figured I'd start with a hundred dollars here and there and try to learn what's going on. Then I put a few hundred more into one.. and again. I can't decide how to value price targets and timelines though - now I've doubled my investment, but I wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to just leave it alone and see what happens. Now if this were real money, I'd be in a pickle. Wonder if any of you have insight on how the getting out part works. I've thoroughly enjoyed the getting in part.
I put 5K in awhile ago, doubled my money and took my original 5k back out a year ago. I'm playing with house money they way I see now and literally on days like today I just laugh and logout.

Johnboy

WKR
I pretty much got into active trading from reading this board. Figured I'd start with a hundred dollars here and there and try to learn what's going on. Then I put a few hundred more into one.. and again. I can't decide how to value price targets and timelines though - now I've doubled my investment, but I wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to just leave it alone and see what happens. Now if this were real money, I'd be in a pickle. Wonder if any of you have insight on how the getting out part works. I've thoroughly enjoyed the getting in part.
I'm still well into the green, but I would be quite a bit further ahead now if I'd let my March 2020 stocks ride. It helps me to remember I'm not nearly as smart a I think I am.

Conroy

WKR
I figure I am learning now , and losing a little, so I am ready for the next big opportunity. Learned a good lesson the other day when I meant to set some stop limits and just set limits. All my stocks sold at open.
I did the same thing once. I actually set my limit about 5% below the current price and sold a bunch of stock at a loss. At the time I was under $25k and got hit for a day trade as well, because I had just bought it a few minutes before. Lesson learned

I'm still well into the green, but I would be quite a bit further ahead now if I'd let my March 2020 stocks ride. It helps me to remember I'm not nearly as smart a I think I am.
I sold Ford and GE at $4 because I thought they would never return to pre-COVID levels and had too much debt. Oops

EastMT

WKR
e8c913f3d6fc8b0098d8db42692c779a.jpg

Titan tires like what y’all doing down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason__G

FNG
Watching WPG is like watching the the 4th quarter of a tied game where both teams keep turning over on downs......Nothing is happening, but something is going to happen As soon as you go to the bathroom.
If you own 10 shares, it feels like a pee-wee game. If you own 1000 shares, it feels like the super bowl...
At least it has entertainment value.

jlh42581

WKR
No, I don't trade options, but I probably should.

Youd be RAKING it in double with that many shares. Did you say you have 50k?

You could sell 500 covered calls with that many shares 4/16 $1 strike calls are .05 you could make $2500 on premium alone. If they hit you could more than likely wheel it and collect premium the other direction too until you picked the shares back up or collected premium non stop on selling puts.

go_deep

WKR
Bought more PGAS @.145. Tried buying more CPE, but low balled it to much, now it's up $4 a share.

CorbLand

WKR
I'm bullish as well, BB. Going to try and hang onto it.
Same goes for FORW.

It really is amazing just how dried up the OTCs are right now. Hopeful that stimmy will unleash some buying into that sector. Looking back at the late Dec. $600 stimmy that was timed right at the solid run for OTC.
I have 230 bucks in the OTC market and its not going well.

CorbLand

WKR
I had a couple hundred shares of CDEV at .75 and sold at 1.80.

I had a couple hundred shares of ZOM at .25 and sold at .35. I also tripled down when it was at .06.

I had two million shares of HCMC at .0001 and sold at .0004.

Don't worry, your not alone. If I had held all of those to their max, I would have enough for 20% down on a house. It makes me a little sick to think about.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a general rule about when you look to average down your cost. Say you wait for at least a 5% drop or something?