The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

BBob

WKR
Looks like SPY and QQQ are shaping up to run on into next week. I'm thinking they aren't going to let SPY have that magic $400 quite yet but who knows. Russell is looking good, just running behind the other two. Wouldn't be unexpected to see a down day at some point before we hit our peaks in this cycle.

BBob

WKR
SPY, there we go! The magic $400. Will the bears smash it at some point today? Hardly a peep out of them at all so far.

Edit: SPY busts $400. Strong finish by all the majors end of day. Nasdaq is cranking with Russell and SP right behind. With the reports of the individual stim $$ headed into retail purchasing the Russell should get a good boost and keep moving. VIX is way down to 17.33, under 18 hasn't happened in over a year.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
Looking strong today, Most of the guys I know are predicting a correction once spy breaks 400..

Okhotnik

WKR
Picked 2 k shares of ATHX and 500 shares AQB 3 days ago. Should have bought more. probably sell if reach 15 per cent. short holds

VLDR hopefully won't stall this time. Around 13.30 seems to be sticking point. In at 11.72. I'll sell around 16 or 17. bumped up my stop order as this is speculative

still sitting on a lot of LPI. Be nice if returned to 2019 levels

Off til next Monday. Still think tech is in for a decent week we'll see. Looking at the infrastructure stim bill and possible winners. Doubt it passes in full though

BBob

WKR
Looking strong today, Most of the guys I know are predicting a correction once spy breaks 400..
SPY busted to $401.05 shortly into after hours so we're there. SPY also looks like it might run just a tad more next week to me. Not much if it does as it's nearish the top and will come down from this wave soon. Will things crater on the wave down? Hard to say. Nasdaq is nearing a peak just a touch behind the SP so it has some room and the Russell looks like it wants to run for a bit longer. If SPY decides to crash then those bets are off. I won't immediately mistake SPY coming down as a crash as it is expected to come down again soon. April traditionally is one of the strongest months and May one of the weakest so IMO we may have a short reprieve and we might get a bit more before things go totally haywire again.

EastMT

WKR
SPY busted to $401.05 shortly into after hours so we're there. SPY also looks like it might run just a tad more next week to me. Not much if it does as it's nearish the top and will come down from this wave soon. Will things crater on the wave down? Hard to say. Nasdaq is nearing a peak just a touch behind the SP so it has some room and the Russell looks like it wants to run for a bit longer. If SPY decides to crash then those bets are off. I won't immediately mistake SPY coming down as a crash as it is expected to come down again soon. April traditionally is one of the strongest months and May one of the weakest so IMO we may have a short reprieve and we might get a bit more before things go totally haywire again.

8ca1416278f797371206f0b3bbf23ac2.jpg

Here’s the avg monthly gains for the last 70 years. Feb-Mar can be rough. I can see spy running up to 410 or so for this month if we keep the momentum. Towards the end of the month, be a little safer.

I’m getting ready to move back north, so I’m out of trading for a few months at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider

When you say “wave”, do you mean its near the top of channel?

BBob

WKR
When you say “wave”, do you mean its near the top of channel?
When I say top of wave I am saying it is getting close to reaching a top of a particular short run up and it will naturally head back down at some point so no I'm not saying we are nearing the end of a channel or anything like that just the top of the current short run up. The attached file is a snapshot of an annual chart on a daily time-frame. You can see the waves/oscillations I'm referring to.

I'll add that there are times like last Nov through January where the price didn't oscillate much but ran steadily up. Since January with the volatility we have had much larger oscillations but still trending up overall.

Attachments

• SPY Wave.JPG
    SPY Wave.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Something to note: Starting about mid December 2020 BTC decided it was joining the real world and would trend along with the major players. Here's a couple of charts (BTC & SPY) from Jan to now.

Attachments

• BTC 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    BTC 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 47
  • SPY 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    SPY 01_25-04_02_21.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 47

BBob

WKR

Attachments

• Friday April 2 Report.JPG
    Friday April 2 Report.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

jlh42581

WKR
Opened the monthly chart of crypto this morning and realized how stupid ive been to fight the market for a month when its done nothing but go up. DUMB

Rich M

WKR
Opened the monthly chart of crypto this morning and realized how stupid ive been to fight the market for a month when its done nothing but go up. DUMB

Easy to do. We get these things in our heads and can't see straight. I've been holding and waiting for the market to go down. LOL! Doof!

mvmnts

WKR
If you're using Robinhood, you don't own bitcoin, you owe a bunch of IOU's. Completely negates one of the core benefits of bitcoin. Not to mention RH is shady as ****. I would avoid. Stick with Coinbase, Gemini, or Kraken.

If you're using Robinhood, you don't own bitcoin, you owe a bunch of IOU's. Completely negates one of the core benefits of bitcoin. Not to mention RH is shady as ****. I would avoid. Stick with Coinbase, Gemini, or Kraken.
Are you using bitcoin for anything but an investment? I own bitcoin in both and honestly don't care if it's an IOU or not. I'm not going to buy anything with it, just watch it grow and then sell when it stops