The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

rob86jeep

WKR
i had a wild hair and sold my CCIV for a .5% gain, and bought a pile of RHE @ $13.00 this A.M. It's currently running like crazy and i'm up almost 40%. Gonna have to burn a day trade on TD and sell it to lock in some profit in this damn bloody market.
What was the "wild hair" that made you want to buy RHE?

22lr

WKR
ZNOG has had a nice last few days. Although I'd love one more dip to the $.5 range before there is news on if they hit oil or not...

jlh42581

WKR
I highly suggest turning on real time analytics and setting it to S&P 500 on fidelity. I also suggest if youre an options trader you watch the options filter for high call volume but do not ignore those listed as down. The ones listed down with high call volume should perk you up FAST.

I'm keeping my powder dry for when the long overdue major stock market correction finally comes. Warning signs have been flashing for a few months (inverted yield curve, repo market crunch), and I think the coronavirus selloff is just a precursor to a much deeper downturn. I'm currently underweight on stocks and overweight on cash, gold, silver.
This

CorbLand

WKR
While I understand what you are saying, that was said over a year ago and still hasnt happened. This market wont continue forever and will eventually correct but sitting on the sidelines waiting for the crash can do more harm than getting in.

Time in the market beats timing the market 90% of the time.

If I was close to retirement, I would be hesitant to be stock heavy but if your not within ~10 years of retiring, I wouldn't stop putting money in the market.

BBob

WKR
^^^ We'll get that correction but who knows when it'll actually go down. I myself will keep in the plays exiting as I see each wave peak the best I can. That said starting with the Dow (DIA) on Tuesday and today with SPY, QQQ and mby IWM it looks like we've bounced and headed back up. SPY has been trading sideways and looking bearish for just under two weeks but ended solid today so we'll see where that goes. QQQ looking good for a run. Tomorrow hopefully will confirm.

CorbLand

WKR
^^^ We'll get that correction but who knows when it'll actually go down. I myself will keep in the plays exiting as I see each wave peak the best I can. That said starting with the Dow (DIA) on Tuesday and today with SPY, QQQ and mby IWM it looks like we've bounced and headed back up. SPY has been trading sideways and looking bearish for just under two weeks but ended solid today so we'll see where that goes. QQQ looking good for a run. Tomorrow hopefully will confirm.
I have started to transition more and more out of individual stocks and into index funds to hedge against a downturn.

Its like the housing market right now. Its inflated and unsustainable but nobody knows when or to what level the correction will be. It could drive up another 25% for a year and then crash 30%. At that point everyone will be like these houses are cheap and start buying them up and in reality, you are getting them at the same pricing as today.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
The markets seem to be working on shaking out all the newly minted options traders. This whole situation is getting spooky to be long in.

BBob

WKR
The O&G bump didnt last long.
Putting on my cheerleading hat: I don't know if I'd let today be the indicator that it's already dead and reversing. After a slow start energy (and everything else) turned and finished positive overall on the day. Money flow into energy didn't turn a bit today either.

Attachments

• SP 500 Sector 1Day as of 05_06_2021 EOD.JPG
    SP 500 Sector 1Day as of 05_06_2021 EOD.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 54
  • SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 05_06_2021.JPG
    SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 05_06_2021.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 49

BBob

WKR
Energy still hanging in there. Money flow ticked up another notch. RB gas futures bounced the 8 EMA on the daily and on a positive swing.

Attachments

• RbOil Report 05_07_2021.JPG
    RbOil Report 05_07_2021.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 41
  • SP 500 Sector 1Day as of 05_07_2021 AM.JPG
    SP 500 Sector 1Day as of 05_07_2021 AM.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 42
  • SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 05_07_2021.JPG
    SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 05_07_2021.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 42