The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Can some enlighten me on who Cathie Wood is? Seems she has quite a bit of advertising on oil industry prices.

Same could be said about most O&G stocks right now with crude @ $65. Patience.
It will be interesting to see what happens with O&G. It's not going to be as simple as oil goes up, stocks go up like it has been in the past. The price of oil is going to need to outpace the inflated prices of everything it takes to develop a well and get it to production. From labor, to iron ore, lumber, diesel, trucking, chemicals, technology, food, etc. Right now the price of oil doesn't seem to be keeping up. All this on top of the fact oil companies are gun shy to make large commitments because of the political climate and not knowing what types of regulations and taxes will be coming their way.

go_deep

WKR
It will be interesting to see what happens with O&G. It's not going to be as simple as oil goes up, stocks go up like it has been in the past. The price of oil is going to need to outpace the inflated prices of everything it takes to develop a well and get it to production. From labor, to iron ore, lumber, diesel, trucking, chemicals, technology, food, etc. Right now the price of oil doesn't seem to be keeping up. All this on top of the fact oil companies are gun shy to make large commitments because of the political climate and not knowing what types of regulations and taxes will be coming their way.

I'm not some market guru by any means, so take this with a block of salt. I think O&G will start to shine in the next few months and when it does more investment money will flow that direction, further pushing the value up. Personally looking for next summer for the returns I'm hoping to get out of the O&G stocks I've bought recently. $67.50 is the next positive point crude needs to get to, then the big one will be $70, once it goes over $70 and stays there, let the good times roll.

Baddog

WKR
Okay you crypto guys I opened a Coinbase account and I'm going to switch my bitcoin over from robin hood. Do I need a wallet or is the coin base set up safe and my digital money won't disappear?

KaBoilers

FNG
Okay you crypto guys I opened a Coinbase account and I'm going to switch my bitcoin over from robin hood. Do I need a wallet or is the coin base set up safe and my digital money won't disappear?
Nah man, transaction fees on Coinbase are ridiculous. If you are buying BTC / ETH and avoiding all the shitcoins, use Binance. And you’re picking a good time to buy given Elon Musk’s tweet on BTC (he is shady af)

Weston

Lil-Rokslider
Your safest bed is a hardware wallet off the internet, you can also put it in a soft wallet like trust.

fees to transfer some Cryptos like BTC and ETH are outrageous right now, I use Binance.US as my exchange, and pull all my coins that are cheap to transfer off immediately (Vechain, ALGO, ADA, etc) but BTC and ETH I pull off when gas prices or fees dip and not til I have a couple thousand to pull off, so I feel better about the transfer fees (it’s a transaction weather you pull out 5 or 50k in these).

trust wallet is a decent wallet for a software wallet, I personally use and like the ledger Nano X, and it allows me to stake some of my coins while they’re off the internet (although some are a bit annoying to set up and manage this way).

KaBoilers

FNG
Your safest bed is a hardware wallet off the internet, you can also put it in a soft wallet like trust.

fees to transfer some Cryptos like BTC and ETH are outrageous right now, I use Binance.US as my exchange, and pull all my coins that are cheap to transfer off immediately (Vechain, ALGO, ADA, etc) but BTC and ETH I pull off when gas prices or fees dip and not til I have a couple thousand to pull off, so I feel better about the transfer fees (it’s a transaction weather you pull out 5 or 50k in these).

trust wallet is a decent wallet for a software wallet, I personally use and like the ledger Nano X, and it allows me to stake some of my coins while they’re off the internet (although some are a bit annoying to set up and manage this way).
How do you like staking? I get that you can earn 5%+ interest and I have a large chunk of change in BTC and ETH where that would be nice, but I can’t get past the fear that it all hits the fan and you can’t liquidate your holdings quickly enough (or the underlying exchanges go bankrupt). A cold wallet presumably won’t save you there. There is plenty of leverage in crypto and this possibility is not as remote as people think.

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
You cant transfer crypto from robinhood, with robinhood you don't actually own any crypto. Maybe it'll change in the future??

Remember, Not your keys, not your coins.

Last edited:

Weston

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like staking? I get that you can earn 5%+ interest and I have a large chunk of change in BTC and ETH where that would be nice, but I can’t get past the fear that it all hits the fan and you can’t liquidate your holdings quickly enough (or the underlying exchanges go bankrupt). A cold wallet presumably won’t save you there. There is plenty of leverage in crypto and this possibility is not as remote as people think.
I don’t stake anything where I don’t have full access to my coins, or if there is risk.

the coins I’m staking right now are ALGO, Cardano and Vechain. The private keys stay on the Ledger, VET and ADA require a separate app to manage the staking as they’re not compatible with Ledger Live, but ALGO is.

the Proof of Stake coins make a lot of sense to me, I’m really looking forward to seeing what happens when ETH 2.0 happens.

as far as liquidity it is nice to have immediate access to sell anything and with these coins you do (unlike some such as CRO or putting them in certain programs that lend them), the extra step to have them in a cold wallet is minimal as it’s just sending them to an exchange, although that’s not a huge concern of mine at this point, I’m not day trading any cryptos these are long term plans for me.