The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

CorbLand

WKR
One account ended green today with a whopping .16% increase for a grand profit of 1.21 bucks. Still down 300 overall in it but a win is a win.

So, I must have misunderstood how a wash sale works.

I sold a stock yesterday on a spike for a profit, then bought it back today on a dip. It said it was a wash sale and now my cost basis is $4 more than I just paid for the stock. I thought the wash sale only applied if you took a loss on the sale.

Obviously I need to re-educate myself.

BBob

WKR
So, I must have misunderstood how a wash sale works.

I sold a stock yesterday on a spike for a profit, then bought it back today on a dip. It said it was a wash sale and now my cost basis is $4 more than I just paid for the stock. I thought the wash sale only applied if you took a loss on the sale.

Obviously I need to re-educate myself.
Doesn't sound right, I'd call your broker for an explanation. Did you sell a similar stock recently for a loss?

Doesn't sound right, I'd call your broker for an explanation. Did you sell a similar stock recently for a loss?
No, I sold 3 yesterday in the green. I have not sold anything for a loss in months and none of them were similar.

I figured it out. When I first bought it the price was higher than the sale price but I had averaged down quite a bit. I forgot about that.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
No, I sold 3 yesterday in the green. I have not sold anything for a loss in months and none of them were similar.

I figured it out. When I first bought it the price was higher than the sale price but I had averaged down quite a bit. I forgot about that.
You have to sell know on the green moments it seems with small caps

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bozeman

WKR
I've noticed a good bit 'less traffic' on this thread in comparison to last year's recovery....hang in there, these times separate the men from the boys...........the stock market has a way of moving $$ from the impatient to the patient........stay the course!

KaBoilers

FNG
I've noticed a good bit 'less traffic' on this thread in comparison to last year's recovery....hang in there, these times separate the men from the boys...........the stock market has a way of moving $$ from the impatient to the patient........stay the course!
Still a frothy market overall. Gotta be patient

Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
Everybody I have been talking to has brought up dogecoin and Ethreum. I’m more of a fan of stuffing my mattress, but who knows!... maybe they will retire before I do

22lr

WKR
May get another green day or 2 thanks to the new CDC guidence. How gracious of them to grant us a green day after a week of red.

On a slightly less bitter note. ASTI is current again, first time in a few years. I have had a few shares for awhile, will see what next week brings.

Take a look into XRP. Once this lawsuit gets settled people won't have time to buy at it at its current price before it shoots way up. Hearing predictions anywhere from $8-$100 this bull cycle

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

KsRancher

WKR
Want to say thanks to whoever it was that mentioned MMP. I have owned it around 2 months. Up 8.75% not counting my first divided of 2.2%