The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

bozeman

WKR
I tried to buy XRP @ .17, kicking myself daily on that…….I didn’t want to do thru the hastle to setup an account or what I thought was a hastle. Missed biggly on that one!!

BBob

WKR
Energy is the sector leader again so far today.
Gold is flying for the 3rd straight day. It's now sitting on top of good support and broken upwards out of it's channel.
BTC bouncing off support, will it hold and rebound?

Broomd

WKR
Been fencing 7 acres of thick creek-bottom over the last week, finished and finally moved the cows on Saturday. No broken bones/knuckles and still have all my teeth! grin...

It's nice to get away from the market for awhile.
Always appreciate all of the thoughts and insights here! We've all been through a lot together, guys.

And as was said, patience is where it's at. We'll be rewarded.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_201f.jpg

Hey fellas, new to this thread and relatively new to self investing mainly on the crypto side. I would say at this point I am happy I am not in the red! I was late to the crypto party and just started into it earlier this year. I have been doing well with Cardano and Polygon lately and expect those two to continue upward for a while. Hoping Ethereum also picks back up.... I have been pleasantly surprised with Cartesi and Celo this past week.

Okhotnik

WKR
Up a bit over 18 k gains on LPI today. Finally paying off. Should have added a lot more shares on the drop a week ago. Was tempted to
Put a stop loss on it when it dropped a lot that day. Still strong and long (for now) on energy

For those of you in GTE, check your emails. Not a very good update. I will hold and maybe add more if it goes nasty, but I think this might be a catalyst for people to just say forget it and cause heavy selling pressure tomorrow - hope I’m wrong as I have plenty of shares.

BBob

WKR
Hopefully it'll be the short term.

Message to Shareholders

Gary Guidry, President and Chief Executive Officer of Gran Tierra, commented: "We have successfully completed our 2021 drilling program on time and under budget with excellent results. Assuming a near-term resolution to the blockades, we remain confident that Gran Tierra can safely and efficiently restore the Company's total oil production to its current productive capacity of 28,000-30,000 bopd, in the matter of several days to a few weeks. We believe our temporary production reductions are only a deferral, not a loss of oil reserves and that the high quality and value of our low-cost and low-decline conventional oil fields remain fully intact."

Broomd

WKR
For those of you in GTE, check your emails. Not a very good update. I will hold and maybe add more if it goes nasty, but I think this might be a catalyst for people to just say forget it and cause heavy selling pressure tomorrow - hope I’m wrong as I have plenty of shares.
Thanks for the DD here, guys. Gotta wonder how the idiots protesting the basin are getting to the sites? Pogo sticks? Electric bikes?

Last edited:
Things were finally going good for me as I am heavy in O&G. My biggest holding is GTE though so this sucks. There may be an opportunity to buy on a coming dip from this but I wouldnt be comfortable putting more money in it.

Howdy, got a back into an old job that is kicking my ass this year in the outdoor retail space. Been a bit since I chimed in.

I have basically been cashing in on puts I bought all dec/jan 21. Need less to say, I did well.
My growth stuff pissed on the fire, should have listened to myself and sold the stuff first week of February, but ha 10% stops on basically everything.

my whole strategy now is 3-8% swings and claw like the good old days. Until recently. I wasn’t ready to start up building longs again. I don’t think the institutions can short anymore and they are ready to cash the upside. DISCA, VIAC, PLTR, WES to name a few. So many hammered stocks.

I have been loading XRP super heavy since 0.17. I still believe we go really big here. Buying any dip under 1.25. All that seems to happen at 3am mst Sunday nights before Europe gets fired up. Like clockwork cycles.
LINK, ADA, XLM, MATIC, and believe it or not RONA. That last one just launched and has a very interesting white paper. Not really believing in it, just hoping it pops.

Its been a hell of ride since March 26 last year when I joined this thread. Many folks helped me find companies I never would have had the time to find myself. Thanks again. I’ll be more frequent and contribute more soon enough.

NDGuy

WKR
So where's everyone at with their plays? Playing it safe?

I pulled out a lot in Feb/Early March and still kinda watching. Pulled out of nearly all small caps which saved my bacon.

Is there a Crypto ETF that's solid? I don't want to buy Crypto itself.

Where my CDEV boys at?
@Broomd

Broomd

WKR
So where's everyone at with their plays? Playing it safe?

I pulled out a lot in Feb/Early March and still kinda watching. Pulled out of nearly all small caps which saved my bacon.

Is there a Crypto ETF that's solid? I don't want to buy Crypto itself.

Where my CDEV boys at?
@Broomd
Just hanging.... CDEV has been barcoding for awhile, mildly aggravating but not too surprising, I'm hopeful to see $8 by about Jan/Feb '22. That would put gains on '23 taxes. Almost all 'long' on that one with Cap gains at this point.
I did pocket $1k yesterday on OTC stuff..... *shocked.*

Expecting GTE to bottom around .625. But hopeful of good API/EIA draw this week.

NDGuy

WKR
I did also grab some coinbase around $250. Feel bad for the IPO people...almost haha