Dirty water bag for Sawyer squeeze filter

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
What bags do you use for dirty water with the Sawyer squeeze? I used the ones that come with it last year, but I blew a few seams and lost trust in them.

I’ve emailed them asking for a different colored bag for dirty water. I use several bags and don’t want to mix them up. They basically said “we aren’t going to do that. Use a sharpie or something”
Platypus bags screw onto the sawyer system if that helps you any

I just Sharpie DIRTY on the side of the largest bag. I haven’t had any blown seams yet, but if I did I would use one of the other two that come with the 3-bag kits as backup (I usually pack all three that come with the kit that my kid and I split— one bag for dirty, the other two for each of us to drink from). If you have an extra one of the bags from the previous year’s squeeze set and have room, you could take it along for backup.

Sounds like you might be putting a little too much pressure on them when you're squeezing the water through. I tend to put a fair amount of pressure on them as well, but have yet to blow out any seams. So, that said, I bought a large (2L), wide opening bag from CNOC, just because I wanted something that I could quickly fill up.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
^^^^^this. Can't simplify further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
Weren’t there some early concerns on cross threading into the sawyer? If not any current issues anyone experienced, I’m thinking this too

Weren’t there some early concerns on cross threading into the sawyer? If not any current issues anyone experienced, I’m thinking this too
Cnoc make them for use u the sawyer.
Both mine work great. I do like the gen 2 one a little better because the caps are tethered.
And maybe the threads are a little better.
Been using it at least 2 yrs. Great so far.

OP
S

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
for you folks suggesting CNOC, you haven't had any trouble with seams? Maybe I am squeezing too hard...
Do you roll it to squeeze, or just squeeze?

for you folks suggesting CNOC, you haven't had any trouble with seams? Maybe I am squeezing too hard...
Do you roll it to squeeze, or just squeeze?
How much and old is your filter?
Have you back flushed it yet?

After drying out all winter mine wouldn't flow the 1st trip out this year.
I had to back flush it at home with vinegar.
When mine are flowing well you should be able to crack the seal hang it and gravity feed.
I squeeze roll squeeze but thats just to speed it up.
I've never actually used the sawyer bags I don't like how stiff they are.
I keep one with the top cut off for scooping out of puddles is needed.

OP
S

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
How much and old is your filter?
Have you back flushed it yet?

After drying out all winter mine wouldn't flow the 1st trip out this year.
I had to back flush it at home with vinegar.
When mine are flowing well you should be able to crack the seal hang it and gravity feed.
I squeeze roll squeeze but thats just to speed it up.
I've never actually used the sawyer bags I don't like how stiff they are.
I keep one with the top cut off for scooping out of puddles is needed.
It was a brand new filter last season, and I blew the first bag after 6 days or so. I think I'm probably putting too much pressure on them though thinking back - I hate wasting time filling up water so I squeeze/roll the shit out those bags. I will probably try a CNOC bag this year and be more careful as well. I also didn't like the stiffness of the sawyer bags.

Like what’s already been said, when at base camp, I will also just fill the 2L bag and hang it up to let it gravity fill my fresh water container. It might take a few minutes, but I usually got other stuff to do anyway, so it’s no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following. Just got a sawyer squeeze and planning the best way to use it.

right now my thought is to permanently mount it inline on my bladder hose and then add a quick disconnect backwards just after that.
bought a MSR dromlite 4L bag to couple it on.

The thought is when I’m on the move I can quickly fill some water into the dromlite bag and drink as I go. Once I get to camp I can refill and hang the bag, disconnect the tube and allow the water to gravity feed into my collapsible water bottle, pots for cooking etc