Disappointment with ordering my new Hoyt RX-4 Ultra.... And their customer service.....

Well I ordered a RX-4 Ultra on Dec. 16th from my archery shop which I have bought many bows from previously with. At that time coming from hoyt it was a 2-4 week order delivery. Which is perfect for me since i start my Winter League on Jan. 15th. I always like shooting my league from start to finish with my new bow so i am rock solid at the end with it. From the time i have ordered the bow my delivery was extended to 4-6 weeks, 6-8 weeks, and finally last night we checked the status while i was at the shop and shipping pushed it another WEEK! I called hoyt on Monday or Tuesday before knowing the most recent push with inquiring if i'm ever going to get this thing. lol Well once they realized that i was "Just the customer" (this is what they refereed to me as while on the phone) and not the shop with the tracking or dealer number they were no help which is understandable. But the attitude and snickering from the person on the other end has really p***** me off where i do not want to even give them my business anymore. For someone who is spending that amount of money on their bow and integrated rest you would think that the customer service department would actually be a customer service...... Rant over... Would have been my first Hoyt, but not sure anymore if i even want the dang bow anymore.....

I feel your pain and understand that when a manufacture like Hoyt is selling these overpriced bows, they have every reason to piss on their customers. Why should they care, they have people believing that these bows are the best.

They are not.

Cue Hoyt fanboys in 3..2...1....

OP
B
I shot every bow that has came out this year and that one felt the best for me. Was really looking forward to getting it but now i just have this sour taste about it. Hopefully it doesn't affect my accuracy in a negative way. 😆

sndmn11

WKR
I shoot a Bowtech and a recurve, and have owned Mathews in the past, never a Hoyt. I can't imagine buying a new model bow right when they come out and expecting this year to suddenly have 1/4 the build time as every year in the past dozen has been. I think every manufacturer has a longer build time in the winter as new models are released and the show season works through. Lastly, I think it is unreasonable to expect a magical result when calling Hoyt direct. You are the dealer's customer, and your dealer is their customer. Your calls should be directed to your dealer and they should be handling the relationship with Hoyt. That is the whole reason for dealer networks.

OP
B
I shoot a Bowtech and a recurve, and have owned Mathews in the past, never a Hoyt. I can't imagine buying a new model bow right when they come out and expecting this year to suddenly have 1/4 the build time as every year in the past dozen has been. I think every manufacturer has a longer build time in the winter as new models are released and the show season works through. Lastly, I think it is unreasonable to expect a magical result when calling Hoyt direct. You are the dealer's customer, and your dealer is their customer. Your calls should be directed to your dealer and they should be handling the relationship with Hoyt. That is the whole reason for dealer networks.
Then hoyt shouldn't be telling their dealers its a 2-4 week wait if I order it today. I was standing right there when they called. I have a good relationship with my bow shop. I hate bothering them multiply times. Sometimes you just got to make the call yourself and ask why it went from 2-4 to over 2 months.... Maybe it will get answered. maybe not... but i do not expect to be treated like i dont matter on the phone. A simply " Im sorry we are not meeting the original delivery expectations," would have been great. My shop apologized for them when i told them.

You want the bow right so just be patient and don't let some hourly worker determine your view point on the whole company. IMO
I am going to respectfully disagree. Every employee represents a company regardless of the wage. A rude customer service representative will go a long way to turn people off, this case in point.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this has been common the last few years for Hoyt with the carbon bows.

Last year I had to wait until the second week of May for my left handed RX-3 to come in after ordering it around Christmas time. Luckily I had a back up bow for turkey season or else I would have been SOL.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
For the record, its partly your dealers fault. The 2-4 week delivery window is something they made up and told you, those lead times were not from Hoyt. Hoyts current lead time on carbons is 6-8 weeks which is as good or better than most flagship lines right now

OP
B
For the record, its partly your dealers fault. The 2-4 week delivery window is something they made up and told you, those lead times were not from Hoyt. Hoyts current lead time on carbons is 6-8 weeks which is as good or better than most flagship lines right now
Once again. Standing right there when we called. Heard 2-4 on all current bow orders.... When i was trying to find the bow to shoot in the first place i went to 3 different dealers in my area before ordering. All said less than a month.....

OR Archer

WKR
Then hoyt shouldn't be telling their dealers its a 2-4 week wait if I order it today. I was standing right there when they called. I have a good relationship with my bow shop. I hate bothering them multiply times. Sometimes you just got to make the call yourself and ask why it went from 2-4 to over 2 months.... Maybe it will get answered. maybe not... but i do not expect to be treated like i dont matter on the phone. A simply " Im sorry we are not meeting the original delivery expectations," would have been great. My shop apologized for them when i told them.
Any delivery time from a company is only an estimated date. I’ve never had a company give me a hard delivery date for a bow and as a dealer I stay on top of what each companies delivery time frames are throughout the year. It’s always an approximate time frame. Specifically speaking on Hoyt their standard time frame is 6-8 weeks.

Kilboars

WKR
True but give the company a break. That person may have gotten fired already.

As a business owner we're not suppose to judge so we'll give a person a chance and go against our gut instinct which 9 time out of 10 usually bites us in the arse.

MattB

WKR
Surprising Hoyt would tell your dealer 2-4 weeks. I ordered my bow mid-November and was told it would take 8 weeks. I received it mid-January, right about 8 weeks after the order.

There is a reason that Hoyt prefers to take order inquiry calls from dealers and not customers. It is unfortunate that you got someone with a poor attitude for customer service on the phone, but IMO you open the door for dissatisfaction when you take matters into your own hands and work outside the system.

sndmn11

WKR
Once again. Standing right there when we called. Heard 2-4 on all current bow orders.... When i was trying to find the bow to shoot in the first place i went to 3 different dealers in my area before ordering. All said less than a month.....
Is it possible that in your search of a few different dealers, that the one dealer you settled on might have fudged the numbers to land the sale? The person you talked to at Hoyt knows nothing of the conversation that you and your dealer had, so what result were you expecting from calling them up? Your dealer should be contacting the person they had a conversation with at Hoyt because the two have developed a relationship. If there is a foul, your dealer should be advocating for you, because you are paying the dealer, and the dealer is paying Hoyt. If your dealer is not doing that, perhaps they know that the fault lies on their end.

OP
B
Is it possible that in your search of a few different dealers, that the one dealer you settled on might have fudged the numbers to land the sale? The person you talked to at Hoyt knows nothing of the conversation that you and your dealer had, so what result were you expecting from calling them up? Your dealer should be contacting the person they had a conversation with at Hoyt because the two have developed a relationship. If there is a foul, your dealer should be advocating for you, because you are paying the dealer, and the dealer is paying Hoyt. If your dealer is not doing that, perhaps they know that the fault lies on their end.

No because all 3 dealers gave the same time frame with one mentioning it may take longer because the holidays were coming up. The person at hoyt was only asked what the turn around time was on the model that i ordered and then the rest of the conversation stemmed from that initial question. Which they stated shipped in 6 weeks but i was already past that point. So after that i asked my shop who i have been dealing with for years, they pulled up the portal tracker on orders and my date there was moved an additional week from the previous times we checked. I called them to inquire a simple question which stemmed into a mad customer by their additional comments. I place no blame at the dealers hands because i know the facts. If their is a communication error maybe its at the hands of the local rep. I don't know. That like getting mad at your waitress that took your order for food that is taking way too long. I saw her had the ticket to the cook and him read it. I'm gonna be mad at the cook not the waitress that is doing her job and is courteous and helpful......

SoDaky

WKR
They all give estimates that are really projections based on anticipated demand.Sucks they get away with it but they do.Sadly these 'contracts' we enter with them don't incorporate time penalties.Nature of the beast.As X guns advance,hoping the 'model' may change but doubt it.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider

Your dealers aren’t very educated then. 6-8 is the norm and always been. When my dealer places an order he can look to see an estimation. There is no need for them to call hoyt. They can see the estimated dates in there system which Hoyt also updates unlike some other manufacturers. You can look through countless threads on this and will find 6-8 weeks is the average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I waited something like 7-8 months on a carbon defiant. Apparently they had issues with the risers.

I'd just wait. You won't know the difference once you have it. Or they could turn them out as fast as possible and have another issue with sight blocks.

Ultimately it's your money. If your not happy how it's being handled, your the consumer and free to spend your money how you desire.

I have gotten bows just a few days before a hunt. Once you get a few shots on the string/cables and tuned it will be fine. It's way more important that I stay in tune then to have a bow tuned for months before season.