Discounted shipping rates, easy to use

Pirateship.com is easy to use and saves me a bundle on shipping. Gives me lowest rates for ups and usps. I’ve been using it several months. I print a label at home and schedule a pickup at same time or I go to usps.com to schedule free pickup and I never go to post office. Average usps and ups discount 20-30% due to you receive commercial based pricing since they have such a huge account you get to utilize.

Goshippo is the website my wife uses, she runs a business where she ships large/bulky packages frequently.

I downloaded a label and sent it to the seller of the last rifle I bought and it was about $37 total including $1350 insurance.

+1 for pirateship.com. I use it frequently for the convenience and cheaper rates. If shipping via USPS, I schedule an at-home package pickup and never have to leave the house.

crazywednesday

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the tip, ill give it a try. Been struggling with shipping ever since work shut us down using their commercial account.

Fire_9

WKR
Thanks for posting this. I just started shipping some homemade products and never thought to look for sites like this

UP NORTH

WKR
I just used pirate ship for the first time to send someone a bow and it was very reasonable compared to USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used pirate ship for the first time to send someone a bow and it was very reasonable compared to USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to hear. I'm going try pirate ship when I get my bow sold. USPS and UPS prices have gotten out of control.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
A HUGE thanks to the OP for starting this thread and telling us about pirateship.com.

Here's my experience with shipping an eBay item this past Saturday.

It's a small dollar item and in a padded Amazon envelope (13"Lx10"Wx1"H) and it weighed 6 oz.

I went to my local UPS store to ship it (via the USPS) as that's what I've always done since it's really convenient and shipping costs have not been too bad when my time is taken into account.

Anyhoo, UPS wanted $8.65 to ship this package from AZ to WA. The USPS Post Office (3 miles away vs. the UPS store at 1/2 mile). The nice UPS store employee told me the PO will be a little cheaper so let's say $7.50. Still a lot to ship a sub $15 item.

As I was thinking that $8.65 was high and not wanting to deal with the PO to save at most two dollars, I remembered this thread and decided to come home and try pirateship.com.

Well folks, here's the skinny: I created an account and shipped the item via the USPS (with tracking; delivered yesterday) for $3.88. I was gobsmacked. Truly gobsmacked as our friends across the pond say.

Thanks again to the OP and it sure saved me a few bucks my first time using it.

Eddie

WKR
A HUGE thanks to the OP for starting this thread and telling us about pirateship.com.

It's a small dollar item and in a padded Amazon envelope (13"Lx10"Wx1"H) and it weighed 6 oz.

I went to my local UPS store to ship it (via the USPS) as that's what I've always done since it's really convenient and shipping costs have not been too bad when my time is taken into account.

Anyhoo, UPS wanted $8.65 to ship this package from AZ to WA. The USPS Post Office (3 miles away vs. the UPS store at 1/2 mile). The nice UPS store employee told me the PO will be a little cheaper so let's say $7.50. Still a lot to ship a sub $15 item.

As I was thinking that $8.65 was high and not wanting to deal with the PO to save at most two dollars, I remembered this thread and decided to come home and try pirateship.com.

Well folks, here's the skinny: I created an account and shipped the item via the USPS (with tracking; delivered yesterday) for $3.88. I was gobsmacked. Truly gobsmacked as our friends across the pond say.

Eddie
pirateship.com is great, but if you're shipping something you've sold on eBay, you can typically get similarly discounted shipping rates by paying for a label through eBay at the end of the auction. It's worked great for me.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Eddie

They were quoting you priority mail (which has insurance on it FYI) versus first class package service (<16oz) which has tracking but no insurance.

I send all the little stuff out USPS first class but if they loose the package they just shrug (it doesn't happen often) and I need to replace the item which I can do since I'm making it and its cheaper than paying for priority mail all the time. So mainly a heads up the cheaper rate comes with the low risk they loose the item and its on you to replace it.

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
pirateship.com is great, but if you're shipping something you've sold on eBay, you can typically get similarly discounted shipping rates by paying for a label through eBay at the end of the auction. It's worked great for me.
Thanks for that tidbit 9.1 but I do all I can to spend as little as possible with fleabay. For example, the changes they made a number of months ago requiring access to a bank acct to deposit funds (vs. going directly into my PayPal acct.) and then it takes fleabay 2-3 days before the money is posted to my bank acct yet the buyer is asking when the item will be shipped as s/he/you pick 'em paid days ago. I only use fleabay when it's absolutely necessary and luckily that's not too often.

Can't stand them for so many reasons, but they are a HUGE marketplace so I must rebel in anyway I can. :D

Eddie

eddielasvegas

Classified Approved
They were quoting you priority mail (which has insurance on it FYI) versus first class package service (<16oz) which has tracking but no insurance.

I send all the little stuff out USPS first class but if they loose the package they just shrug (it doesn't happen often) and I need to replace the item which I can do since I'm making it and its cheaper than paying for priority mail all the time. So mainly a heads up the cheaper rate comes with the low risk they loose the item and its on you to replace it.
Thanks pods8. I'll ask about that the next time I'm there, but the shipper did not ask me about value so I assumed (I know, I know :D) none given my $8.50 shipping quote.

Eddie