Disturbing Yellowstone wildlife.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
We all know People used these lands for years before they were designated national parks but, wisely so, rules were put in place to preserve the natural beauty of the parks, these rules included the protection of wildlife and consequently our own safety. So it's real simple, if people want to be continue to visit the parks, they need to follow the rules. Go join the military and try not following the rules and see where that gets you or, go to your job and tell your boss, I don't like your rules, I'm going to do it my way. You don't have to like the rules but, unless you can offer a better way that is then accepted, you need to follow the rules which are in place.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Why is it that the government and some people think that everyone "needs" to be saved from themselves or anything else for that matter?
I'm with you I don't like government intrusion in our lives but, certain laws are passed by our elected officials to hopefully make life safer for everyone. Example: Setting speed limits are set to protect not only the person driving but every one around them. If someone decides to break the law/rules and other people suffer because of that person action, then that person needs to be protected from himself. If you decide to go into the parks and not follow the rules, the rules will be change and they will effect others. remember it's the exception to the rule, that set the rules.

Last edited:

WRM

WKR
May be as simple as the edict came down "we need an example" and she got tied to the whipping post.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
May be as simple as the edict came down "we need an example" and she got tied to the whipping post.
Very true. Like I just mentioned, the exception to the rule set the rules. They will make an example of her, so hopefully other will follow the rules. Lets face it, she is going to get a slap on the back of her hand and maybe do a little community service which, hopefully will help her see the errors of her ways. Maybe show her some pictures of peoples body that have been killed by bears or other wild animals. Or show her crap piles with finger hanging out. Let us put a different spin on this, say the had been killed by a bear protecting her cubs, the bear more than likely would have been put down and the cubs raised in a zoo. Follow the rules so everyone can continue to see wild animals in the semi wild.

Squincher

WKR
Well if that bear is in Yellowstone that means he's living on my ground, so he's my bear. If I want to walk up to my bear and poke him in the eye or give him a swift kick in the ass, that's just what I'll do. By God. Ain't no Fed going to tell me what I can or can't do with my bear and the bear can just stop freeloading off my ground if he don't like it.

Surely not the same as a griz but we used to have a fox that would come into our camp about the time we fired up the bbq grill. Unfortunately some guys fed it scraps and bones and it became a regular visitor. it would come in a sit down by the fire like a dog. The Several years this went on It amazed me the number of guys who would try and hand feed this animal. I always told them not to as I was worried someone would get bit. For some reason people seem to think these parks are a petting zoo.
far from it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It’s a simple concept.
Take speed limits, for example.

They’re in place to protect you, as well.
Speed limits are arbitrary......such as......most people aren't competent to even leave their driveways behind the wheel of a vehicle, let alone actually drive anywhere near posted speed limits. Some are more than capable of handling well above their arbitrary posted numbers, given the expectation of driving for conditions. Giving someone a speeding ticket just "because that could be unsafe" is similar to citing someone for carrying a gun "just because it could be unsafe". Until it actually IS a safety problem then they're all dealing in "what if's".......arbitrary feelings.

And I have never once asked or expected the government to "protect me". They can't (won't) even secure the borders, what makes anyone think they are competent enough to protect the citizens......not that I want or expect that. Until they secure the border and actually enforce those laws.......then all other federal laws should also be suspended as well.

Last edited:
OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Speed limits are arbitrary......such as......most people aren't competent to even leave their driveways behind the wheel of a vehicle, let alone actually drive anywhere near posted speed limits. Some are more than capable of handling well above their arbitrary posted numbers, given the expectation of driving for conditions. Giving someone a speeding ticket just "because that could be unsafe" is similar to citing someone for carrying a gun "just because it could be unsafe". Until it actually IS a safety problem then they're all dealing in "what if's".......arbitrary feelings.
So following that logic, I can handle a vehicle better than most so the rules really don't apply to me. I wonder if NASCAR drivers ever get speeding tickets while on public streets.

And I have never once asked or expected the government to "protect me". They can't (won't) even secure the borders, what makes anyone think they are competent enough to protect the citizens......not that I want or expect that. Until they secure the border and actually enforce those laws.......then all other federal laws should also be suspended as well.

If there weren’t speed limits, every asshole with twin turbos would be hitting 150 mph on i25 and eventually would take out your whole family.

Another simple example…
Stage 1,2 and 3 fire bans.

Opah

WKR
"Please, inform us all how we educate these bears about where they should and should not be....lol WTF? What are they gonna do, kill every bear that dares to walk within fifty miles of a damn sidewalk in Yellowstone? Screw these idiots that don't have the common sense to stay inside their car. She deserves everything the legal system can throw at her, that bear deserves better."

Make it very unwelcoming, Bean bags rubber 10 gage slugs, Pepper spray, electric wire or just scold them BAD BEAR BAD BEAR, Sic Mr Ranger on them

WRM

WKR
It is amazing how readily many wild animals will habituate to humans. Years ago about a 3 foot gator was hanging around the launch at our fish camp. I'd cast net bait under the light and pick thru it on the ramp. That gator figured out what I was doing about the second time I did it and would come right up to the corner of the ramp. Stupidly, I threw it a couple of culls. It was then coming to the ramp as soon as it saw me walk down. This was all in the space of less than a week. I quit getting bait there because I knew what would happen to it when a couple of the less "lawful" folks figured out it was there. I'm sure they did, as it disappeared soon enough.

Anyway, there have to be some rules. This lady is gonna get an awfully expensive lesson about them.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I’m not sure why “educating animals” is such a novelty to some? We literally do it all the time to prevent wildlife/ human conflicts.

I educated a bear a couple weeks ago when he killed a fawn in my neighbors backyard. After it got scared away, I took the fawn. The lesson is don’t come where humans are for a free meal. It’s better for humans & for the bear.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well, when I lived and worked in Yosemite one of the most frequently asked questions from tourists was this: "where do you keep all the animals at night?"

That was almost 20 years ago and at that time if a bear broke into your vehicle the NPS would investigate it. If they found any scented items ie food, or toothpaste, shampoo, etc, you got a huge ticket. If the vehicle was clean they paid for the damage to it. I watched a bear walk through the Curry Village parking lot one night breaking windows while it just strolled along. Bears are just assholes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
fine her for wearing the yogurt pants in public....I heard the tour guide told her numerous times to get back away from there and she ignored that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So following that logic, I can handle a vehicle better than most so the rules really don't apply to me. I wonder if NASCAR drivers ever get speeding tickets while on public streets.
The rules apply to all......it's the rules themselves that are the problem in most cases. Just like the red left turn arrows.......no one coming for 1/2 mile and a light bulb is the one determining when we should go. It's not the light bulb's fault......the law is the problem at that point......and of course the city planners etc for putting in a red turn arrow instead of a solid green or flashing yellow after a green turn arrow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If there weren’t speed limits, every asshole with twin turbos would be hitting 150 mph on i25 and eventually would take out your whole family.
They already do that......even with the laws. With or without the laws, the book should be thrown at them "when" they actually cause the problem and violate other's rights. Until then......