Ditch the GPS?

Joelweb

FNG
I'm still carrying my GPS, but don't seem to use it anymore. I have had good luck with the onX app in my iphone. The satellite imagery and large screen are game changers.

I ditched the GPS years ago. Use Backcountry Navigator app on my Samsung Galaxy phone.

No regrets. Just as accurate, with a much better screen, and the phone is multi-functional.

Deepshax

WKR
I switched to GAIA (non-hunting). I like it a lot more than my eTrex20; faster, better images, one less item to carry

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I ditched the GPS and use the Earthmate app that comes with the InReach for all my mapping needs. Yes you have to have a subscription to use the inreach message service. The earthmate app that comes with the inreach has most map layers, for another $40 a year you can get land owner names and GMU boundaries. For what I do ONX has nothing over Earthmate except price.

i have the land boundaries on mine, but where do you find how to get who owns the land?

Last edited:

jfone

FNG
Ditched my Garmin GPS units. OnX and cell are the way I roll. I typically download maps then use OnX app in offline mode. The app works much quicker this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk