DiY alcohol stoves?

Does anyone run homebuilt alcohol stoves? Which variation? How cool is it to boil water on something you built? Here's one of mine, it's 10yrs old and wouldn't go hunting without it.
b498d83eae939a8b36026f1d8aed2cb0.jpg
3a5b0851eb4d6c8b134998cb1571ab1e.jpg
225fe65f62cac8780f9dcfb6fd582c23.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I made a number of different types way back. I tested and tried a few in the field and alcohol stoves weren’t for me. I want to turn on and burn right now. Pretty sure I still have one or two floating around somewhere.

TFrank

WKR
I have made a couple out of fancy feast cat food cans. Pretty durable. Settled for a Kojin stove in the end. It can be resealed with alcohol still inside and the lid extinguishes it.

I only use alcohol stoves when backpacking in good weather. Never really take them hunting. Trail designs has some good systems.

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
I have but thought they weren't worth it and not really any weight savings over a "pocket rocket" type canister stove. I wouldn't take one camping or backpacking.
They work though and will virtually never break... one day I had an epiphany, they are silent to use when Im sitting on a cold deer stand and could use a hot tea or coffee.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I made some years ago for fun and took them on a hunt once, meh for the hunt, I'll stick with a canister.

If I was thru hiking some trail for months I'd consider the alcohol stove because its light and you can pick up fuel more easily at most any gas station, grocery store, etc.

rayporter

WKR
i have made several and carried them a few times. i find solid fuel much lighter for a day or two, and carry it every day. for 2 day trips the alcohol wins and for 4 or more days you may as well carry a pocket rocket.

WoodBow

WKR
I made some back in the day. A fun little project. But I will stick to my pocket rocket.