DIY Alone

I am glad to see that you decided to go but as I see you are well aware going Solo on a hunt can be very dangerous. I definitely echo what mcseal2 said with having a sat phone or an INREACH. My personal preference is INREACH. If something goes south you don't have to call anyone you just push a button and it does what it does LOL.
as far as an outfitter goes a lot of outfitters won't fly in Solo hunters. There are a couple Outfitters that operate up North by Prudhoe bay that transport by air boat. Deadhorse Outfitters and North Star Outfitters. Not sure if they have any issues with taking in Solo hunters but it may be worth looking into. Of the two I recommend Deadhorse Outfitters Great group of guys. What ever Outfitter you go with good Luck to you and happy hunting :)

I don't think the fur trappers waited on a buddy to go with them to trap the Rockies! They just had big CAHONIES. If you are unlucky it will be just a shitty camping trip, if successful it will be the best hunting trip of your life. Do not let the naysayers discourage you. Go and good luck!

OP
W
Want to thank everyone for their advice. Just returned from a great hunt. Learned a lot, what to take, what to leave. Got a good bull, wolf and fish. A bear liked to stay close but not too close, made sleeping a little harder. He never came closer than a hundred yards but saw him every day. Thank everyone again, would have been much harder without the advice found here. This is a great site with wonderful people. Now to planning next years trip, not sure if deer, caribou, or black bear, just know I am coming back.

Want to thank everyone for their advice. Just returned from a great hunt. Learned a lot, what to take, what to leave. Got a good bull, wolf and fish. A bear liked to stay close but not too close, made sleeping a little harder. He never came closer than a hundred yards but saw him every day. Thank everyone again, would have been much harder without the advice found here. This is a great site with wonderful people. Now to planning next years trip, not sure if deer, caribou, or black bear, just know I am coming back.
Right on man, I'm glad you did it and had a good hunt/experience. Would love to here more about the trip and see some pictures.

OP
W
Trying to download the pictures, likely have to wait on wife. The flight in was wonderful, enjoyed it so very much. The afternoon was spent sitting camp, then a little fishing. Saw several caribou while fishing, having to wait that first day so terrible. The morning brought light rain, I went out to glass, will not take a spotting scope again. Got too far from camp that morning, figure that if I shot one I would spend way to long getting it back to camp. On the way back I saw a wolf trailing behind some cows, when he reached right at 200 yards he stopped and gave me a shot. Spent time skinning the wolf and getting a bite to eat. More caribou came across the creek, headed that way, but no shooters with them. But MY bear showed up, he kept his distance, but never left.
The third day got up early and could not finish breakfast. There standing less than 200 yards were 3 shooters. Getting my rifle I circled downwind, but they were watching me. Guessing that was the end, I was wrong. They continued coming, watching and eating. At 150 yards I pulled the trigger. All disappeared, afraid I had missed I went where they were. Saw 2 moving quickly away and found my bull right where I had shot him. My bear was about 200 yards away when I looked up. I was worried as I dressed the bull. The bear did not come any closer.
Hauled the first load and the bear kept his distance. Got the bull all packed back to camp, only about 300 yards. After a while the bear cleaned up what was left. Fried some caribou and instant potatoes, was great. Started to call for pickup but decided to stay a couple of days. The bear was around from time to time, but never came into camp. Hated to call for pickup, but guessing an extra day to cut meat and insure shipping wouldn't hurt.
I am guessing that hunts are not usually this easy or pleasant. The weather was never bad, the bugs were.
Now the only question is what to hunt next year, I will be back for sure and certain. Getting ready to retire so this will be an annual things for me. Doing this alone ended being being special. Will not be reluctant again.
The people I met were all wonderful, helpful and a joy to be around.

Primal215

FNG
Trying to download the pictures, likely have to wait on wife. The flight in was wonderful, enjoyed it so very much. The afternoon was spent sitting camp, then a little fishing. Saw several caribou while fishing, having to wait that first day so terrible. The morning brought light rain, I went out to glass, will not take a spotting scope again. Got too far from camp that morning, figure that if I shot one I would spend way to long getting it back to camp. On the way back I saw a wolf trailing behind some cows, when he reached right at 200 yards he stopped and gave me a shot. Spent time skinning the wolf and getting a bite to eat. More caribou came across the creek, headed that way, but no shooters with them. But MY bear showed up, he kept his distance, but never left.
The third day got up early and could not finish breakfast. There standing less than 200 yards were 3 shooters. Getting my rifle I circled downwind, but they were watching me. Guessing that was the end, I was wrong. They continued coming, watching and eating. At 150 yards I pulled the trigger. All disappeared, afraid I had missed I went where they were. Saw 2 moving quickly away and found my bull right where I had shot him. My bear was about 200 yards away when I looked up. I was worried as I dressed the bull. The bear did not come any closer.
Hauled the first load and the bear kept his distance. Got the bull all packed back to camp, only about 300 yards. After a while the bear cleaned up what was left. Fried some caribou and instant potatoes, was great. Started to call for pickup but decided to stay a couple of days. The bear was around from time to time, but never came into camp. Hated to call for pickup, but guessing an extra day to cut meat and insure shipping wouldn't hurt.
I am guessing that hunts are not usually this easy or pleasant. The weather was never bad, the bugs were.
Now the only question is what to hunt next year, I will be back for sure and certain. Getting ready to retire so this will be an annual things for me. Doing this alone ended being being special. Will not be reluctant again.
The people I met were all wonderful, helpful and a joy to be around.
Congratulations on your success. Which outfitter did you go with?