DIY Backpacking Meals, By Jake Lamphier

Steve1662

Going to give the breakfast recipe a try. Thanks for sharing. Curious if anyone knows how much a 2.6 oz StarKist tuna packet would dehydrate down to.

Southforkguy

I'm suprised your not using a canned or dried salmon being so close to the source

mikey

never knew this existed
its expensive but luckily found it at my local outlet store for a steep discount

might be a good addition or replacement to the milk powder in the breakfast recipe. extra calories and fat. going to give it a shot!

Attachments

• butter.jpg
    butter.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 7

Hunthigh1

Great article. Thanks for the new recipes. I like to use the pot to rehydrate/ consume as well. On super cold late season hunts I can keep the burner on super low so that my food doesn’t cool down too much while rehydrating, or if I’m eating slowly I can warm it back up halfway through. That’s another plus to the pot method.

cohofishing

Great article and podcast. It might have been mentioned, but I wanted to point out granola is easy to make. My favorite uses olive oil and peanut butter and I throw in chocolate chips while it is cooling to make a peanut butter cup granola which is just as good as a snack as it is as a breakfast. You can toast some coconut flakes to add in to add calories