Diy bag build

Jimbob

WKR
Very clean, great job.

I would want my straps to go across the zipper though. I know this means you need to unbuckle to open the zipper but it allows the buckles and straps to hold the weight. I trust straps and buckles to hold weight way more than a zipper. My fear of that bag is that a load of meat might burst the zipper.

Again great job just sharing my thoughts.

OP
joshdidthis
Very clean, great job.

I would want my straps to go across the zipper though. I know this means you need to unbuckle to open the zipper but it allows the buckles and straps to hold the weight. I trust straps and buckles to hold weight way more than a zipper. My fear of that bag is that a load of meat might burst the zipper.

Again great job just sharing my thoughts.
Yeah I made it like that for easier access, but I'd probably change it if I could. The zipper held up fine for 3 weeks of hunting this fall but it also limited the compression straps. They were maxed out most of the time. I may just sew some molle strips on the other side of the zipper and have the option to put the buckles wherever on the molle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Yeah I made it like that for easier access, but I'd probably change it if I could. The zipper held up fine for 3 weeks of hunting this fall but it also limited the compression straps. They were maxed out most of the time. I may just sew some molle strips on the other side of the zipper and have the option to put the buckles wherever on the molle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You can seam rip small sections along the zipper, add loops of webbing, and re-sew. Then you can add removable compression straps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

willisho

FNG
What material did you use for the stretchy pocket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Newton22

FNG
This is some serious crafting here man. Congrats. Have you been able to put it to work yet?