DIY Bino Harness Pistol Holster

I had some extra time and really did not want to spend the money or wait some of the shipping times for the well know holster companies. So I did a little digging around the house.
I had an old Alien Gear holster laying around that I never use . It is basically a leather backing with a kydex pistol holder and two clips that are supposed to clip onto the belt. It took a couple different configurations but essentially all I did was flip it upside down and position it at a 45° angle and then re drilled the mounting holes to the leather. I trimmed some of the extra leather to try and trim it down as much as possible. I then spray painted the kydex piece and used the two clips to hang them off of my bino harness abdominal strap.
Surprisingly it works very well. It does not flop around at all. It also fits well with my packs waist belt. I currently use the SG xcurve frame and waist belt. I may still budge and buy a top brand holster but for now and with spring bear quickly approaching it works fine.
I know this is nothing compared to some of the awesome gear stuff I see on this page but it may give others some ideas and save some money. You might be able to use some of the cheaper crossbreed holsters I always see at the stores. They are essentially the same as an Alien Gear design. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• 20210307_153026.jpg
    20210307_153026.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 413
OP
downtownbrown0610
Ive always wondered about a holster below my bino harness. Im sure with a little practice it would be second nature.

So for me it just makes more sense. I used to have my pistol located on my waist belt of my pack. But as soon as the pack comes off I no longer have my pistol. I wear my bino harness literally all the time unless I am sleeping so it just makes it so much more convenient. Also frees up some space on my waist belt to put other things.

This is awesome!
I know this is a dumb question, but how does the added weight feel with the pistol on the harness? I’m used to one on my side but have yet to carry one up front.

OP
downtownbrown0610
This is awesome!
I know this is a dumb question, but how does the added weight feel with the pistol on the harness? I’m used to one on my side but have yet to carry one up front.
Never a stupid question man. But to answer your question not bad at all. Now if I had a full sized 1911 then might be a little more noticeable, but with a sub-compact pistol I do not notice a difference at all in weight. I actually prefer it more. Its more centered this way instead of on one side of the hip or the other.

I had some extra time and really did not want to spend the money or wait some of the shipping times for the well know holster companies. So I did a little digging around the house.
I had an old Alien Gear holster laying around that I never use . It is basically a leather backing with a kydex pistol holder and two clips that are supposed to clip onto the belt. It took a couple different configurations but essentially all I did was flip it upside down and position it at a 45° angle and then re drilled the mounting holes to the leather. I trimmed some of the extra leather to try and trim it down as much as possible. I then spray painted the kydex piece and used the two clips to hang them off of my bino harness abdominal strap.
Surprisingly it works very well. It does not flop around at all. It also fits well with my packs waist belt. I currently use the SG xcurve frame and waist belt. I may still budge and buy a top brand holster but for now and with spring bear quickly approaching it works fine.
I know this is nothing compared to some of the awesome gear stuff I see on this page but it may give others some ideas and save some money. You might be able to use some of the cheaper crossbreed holsters I always see at the stores. They are essentially the same as an Alien Gear design. Please let me know if you have any questions!
i like it thanks