DIY case lube

brushape

WKR
Ran out of the usual one shot I have been using and with our national shutdown it’s looking like I won’t be able to get any for a bit. Has anyone else come up with a home made case lube using common supplies that doesn’t need to be cleaned off before loading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I have never tried a DIY lube, so I can't be much help there. I have used the Hornady case lube and still use it but I prefer the Dillon Case lube to it. Its non aerosol and seems to last forever. I get it at Scheel's and its in stock fwiw.

BuckSnort

WKR
liquid lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol.. Google the ratio's but I think its like 4:1

Basically you spray it on, let the alcohol evaporate then run them through the dies.. I use it when I'm running the Dillon progressive press, works good..

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
i use mineral oil mixed w/alcohol and works good, same principle like bucksnort said spray it and let the alco evaporate.. sorry dont remember the ratio off top of my head

MThuntr

WKR
liquid lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol.. Google the ratio's but I think its like 4:1

Basically you spray it on, let the alcohol evaporate then run them through the dies.. I use it when I'm running the Dillon progressive press, works good..
I do this...last forever! Be sure it's 99% alcohol also Heat fuel additive works as long as you use the plain alcohol version

Sobrbiker

WKR
“Doesn’t need to be cleaned off before reloading”....
Many don’t need to be, most (if not all) should be.

Lanolin/alcohol is my choice (that’s all Dillon’s case lube is).

OP
B

brushape

WKR
Thanks for the replies guys, ended up finding some old Lee lube that I’ll run for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk