DIY cylinder stove

gchs4464

FNG
I’m building a cylinder stove and just got all my parts in the mail today. For guys who have done it what did you find was the best way to cut the hole in the stove body for the pipe so that you got a decent seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbrown

WKR
Drill pilot holes, use sharp scissors (smaller the better) and then use a dremel with a grinding wheel to smooth any small imperfections or burrs off. Always cut just inside your marks and then slowly enlarge the cuts after test fitting. Biggest tip is to wear some thin gloves and go slowly - it won’t grow back... ha!

bbrown

WKR
I have a thread on here that might help under “Another DIY stove” and feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any other questions

Are you following any particular plans? I'm getting ready to start a build of my own and curious what others are going with.

OP
G

gchs4464

FNG
I based mine off this. Mine is not perfect but it works and I’m happy with it. https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/33086/
0d949523dbc26cbe5137ab4403f99a46.jpg

IMG_2139.jpgIMG_2131.jpg

OP
G

gchs4464

FNG
where did you buy all of the materials?

Maudlinproducts is where I got I shimstock and I got my stainless steel rings and hinge from Lowe’s and my end plates from rei

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That looks good! I'm gonna make a few here this summer, waiting for a buddy to push me to actually do them. I have access to a machine shop and I can laser weld my end plates, Its cheating lol :LOL: