DIY double spotter bracket?

Redrilled holes and working much better to point I can really appreciate the difference these make to viewing. Sometimes you see something and you can stay on it in a relaxed way and figure out what it is.

With a spotter this just isn’t possible to same extent. Plus field of view is fantastic.

It’s almost directly comparable to experience of closing one eye, taking account of your lack of peripheral vision then using both eyes.

I’ve no idea, you’d need to line them up. There’s no barrel turn on those IIRC. You’d need create a 90* bend so the tripod shoe on each is facing out. That’s little more complex than usual arrangement but it’s been done.

You’d be best with a 15x56 alpha bino as the 50s seem too small to me to bother. The reason big eyes took off is because high quality large binoculars that don’t weigh a ton are rare & extremely expensive.

Big Eye Kowa 664 is an incredible value propositio IMHO. I did some critical analysis with the 664s and noted the 3 D effect and depth of field is present with the 664 setup.

Last edited: