DIY Fulcrum pack build

mereside

FNG
I know this is an old post but very nicely done and one I want to attempt, thanks

OP
doncarpenter
I know this is an old post but very nicely done and one I want to attempt, thanks
Thanks bro, let me know if you have any questions. The hardest part was the bottom of the main bag. Trying to find the right shape and size took a couple tries.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

mereside

FNG
At the minute I think it all makes sense, I am sure when I get going I will have some questions, I am really just thinking of a few variables one being having the wings fully detachable and the other having an external bladder, but apart from that the fulcrum style really seems the one to go with, I have already got my material from rip stop by the roll in green and dark brown for a two tone effect, regards Wayne

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks bro, let me know if you have any questions. The hardest part was the bottom of the main bag. Trying to find the right shape and size took a couple tries.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Compliments on doing two loops with one piece of webbing. At first glance it appears brilliant. If the pocket's frame-facing loop is cinched super tight or close to the frame, the open/outer facing loop just relays the compression action back to the frame with little distance and no drama. It also relieves pack forcing you to run compression straps over the zippers every time - you're giving the option of daisy chaining a compression strap to the outward facing loop only when the pack is full.
Edit: I misread a couple of your photos - for some reason I thought you'd put those double loop webbing on the sides, which is why I got excited! Stacking them at the top like you did is common and you did a good job with the pack.

Last edited:

Fivefuchs

FNG
Here is the finished pack. It took about ten hours of work.
l2KuSVXh.jpg

3yx2EQhh.jpg

BqwDs1Ah.jpg

lctxoRch.jpg

psu8uxVh.jpg

YrBmjBRh.jpg

X7a5pYHh.jpg

FZqJsIJh.jpg
Older thread but very nice pack. Beauty.