DIY hog hunt

My brother wants to do a hog hunt for his bachelor party and it seems that things can get pricey in the way of guided hunts. Open to any state but was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance on diy hog opportunities.

DIY hogs are a lot harder than you think.

For a quick trip it’s way easier to pay to play. If you are finding high prices you aren’t looking in the right places.

For example in Texas go to Facebook marketplace and ask for the best deals. My BIL found one for $150 to shoot a pig.

Also go to Texas hunting forum and ask around. I saw some ads for semi guided “diy” in west Texas for a decent price

wytx

WKR
Find a place with stands for hunting feeders and they allow spots and stalk hunting. Book at least one night for a thermal hunt, guided.
As stated hogs are smart and when pressured can be very wary, hunting is no gimme unless it's a put and take kind of place.

Look on some of the Texas hunting forums for outfitters, no cheap hunts but plenty of reasonable ones. If you're willing to shoot sows you get a big welcome compared to the "we only want a big boar" request, at least from those with a pig problem.