DIY hog hunt

My brother wants to do a hog hunt for his bachelor party and it seems that things can get pricey in the way of guided hunts. Open to any state but was wondering if anyone could provide some guidance on diy hog opportunities. Looking to go in February or March

Plenty of public land in GA with hogs for a Feb. hunt. In Feb., the hogs have had a little time to simmer down from gun deer season and are more ap to move in the daylight. When I wanted the same as you, I asked google for help and found many public tracks with hogs. As long as there is a season open for something else you can hunt the public land for hogs. In Feb., small game seasons are still in. My wife and I both killed several hogs with our bows. One of the boars she killed was 300 lbs.

Fyaman1

FNG
I tried to do the same thing for my bachelor party, unfortunately you are limited to just a couple people

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Well, Feb and March do seem like good times for the hog hunt. I’m planning to go soon too.

wytx

WKR
You can find reasonable places to hunt, do some research on say THF and TBH.

I'd take CA off your list. I helped a friend get started with hog hunting public land out here (he was already a strong hunter before this) and it took several months of work to get to a point where he could consistently say he saw pigs. Different story with outfitters or private land, but it's tough to be consistent with them out here on public land.