DIY kifaru paratarp annex

Jesseg122

FNG
Planning on purchasing the kifaru paratarp but kifaru discontinued the annex indefinitely. Figured the next best thing is making the annex myself. Has anyone ever tried to make one? If not does anyone have the dimension and or measurements for the paratarp annex?

reaper

WKR
Planning on purchasing the kifaru paratarp but kifaru discontinued the annex indefinitely. Figured the next best thing is making the annex myself. Has anyone ever tried to make one? If not does anyone have the dimension and or measurements for the paratarp annex?
You will need to search on the forum,i posted some pictures and dimensions last year.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
You will need to search on the forum,i posted some pictures and dimensions last year.

Searched your profile and found it thanks brother! Just a quick question. Are the measurements the same for the left side of the annex? Also same for the diy bug net you made as well?

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
Yeah that pretty equal.

BPWD can hook you up with the fabric, close color as kifaru.

Will do! Followed you while I was at it lol thanks again!

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
Yeah that pretty equal.

BPWD can hook you up with the fabric, close color as kifaru.

Do you know what type of fabric the annex is made of? I know its ripstop silnylon but dont know if its 30D or 70D I'm only limited to random info on the internet since kifaru took down the annex page on there site

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
Another option is Bear Paw Wilderness Designs. They will custom make an annex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I emailed them and not only did they get back to me really quick, but also sent me pictures and price for the annex. They offered $100 plus free shipping. Now I dont know if I should make it or just pay to get it done! Decisions, decisions lol

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 91
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 87
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 87

reaper

WKR
I emailed them and not only did they get back to me really quick, but also sent me pictures and price for the annex. They offered $100 plus free shipping. Now I dont know if I should make it or just pay to get it done! Decisions, decisions lol
Well,DIY is fun but 100$ isnt bad...ask him to put a stove jack.

reaper

WKR
Do you know what type of fabric the annex is made of? I know its ripstop silnylon but dont know if its 30D or 70D I'm only limited to random info on the internet since kifaru took down the annex page on there site
The kifaru tenacity ripstop fabric feels like 30D not 70D.

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
Well,DIY is fun but 100$ isnt bad...ask him to put a stove jack.

Also just saw that Luxe hiking gear is coming out with a similar version of the paratarp/supertarp but with a side door and probably half the price as kifaru

Also just saw that Luxe hiking gear is coming out with a similar version of the paratarp/supertarp but with a side door and probably half the price as kifaru

I just saw it today too. Looks pretty good and I like the side entrance and not having to crawl past a hot stove!

reaper

WKR
Yeah

99f14678ec25b80efabb9ef0550c8e0f.jpg