DIY laser cut molle panel

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to add some molle panels to pack similar to what fhf does on their chest rig. Is this material laminated hypalon or something else? I plan to use a template and make small sections similar to this using an exacto knife. I have some xpac that I may try to do it with as well.

Any help with material selection is appreciated.

32d9b2c77d2f650aca21460545bf2c29.jpg

You might use a hot knife for better results on something like xpac. Amazon has some cheap examples and even tips for soldering irons that might work.

rj2

WKR
You need heat to cauterize the edges so it won't rip/fray

Mt Al

WKR
There are several laminations for laser cut molle depending on the use case just holding stuff with little stress - or is something heavy hanging from the molle that's going to be drug in the dirt. Hypalon is tough to beat but is overkill and a bit heavy for a lot of situations. 500D to 1000D, 330D to 500D, etc.. They'll all work. I used to use a 3M spray adhesive when laminating, worked best on smaller areas and ran a ruler back and forth across both pieces to try to spread it out, then clamped betwixt two pieces of plywood. Factories of course use flame lamination or film with a big old heat press.

I have old punches, circles, slots, etc. I just punched each end with a circle die, then draw lines and exacto the rest of the cuts.

That FHF panel in the first post looks killer!