DIY Multivitamin Packets

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve been in the habit of taking a multivitamin packet (Myovite) every day during my hunts. I’m tired of paying a premium for little bags of vitamins and I thought I would build my own. My goal is to supplement a pretty crappy diet during hunting season (little fresh fruits, veggies, meat) and stave off inflammation and aches and pains that go with hunting hard for weeks at a time. So far I’ve got a standard multivitamin, two fish oil capsules, and two Glucosamine (and some other stuff) joint capsules. What other things should I consider? I’ve heard Tumeric, D3, Probiotics, etc. What are “must haves” for a vitamin supplement? (no CBD - I’m active duty and that’s a no-no).

Turmeric wouldn’t be a bad idea, if you have trouble with swelling joints. I usually take apple cider vinegar pills when it’s buggy out. I know it is helpful for lots of stuff but I do believe it keeps the bugs at bay when I am taking them.

also look into magnesium and potassium, BCAAs and amino acids. All should help you while doing extreme exercising and recovery which is basically what we do in the backcountry.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Turmeric wouldn’t be a bad idea, if you have trouble with swelling joints. I usually take apple cider vinegar pills when it’s buggy out. I know it is helpful for lots of stuff but I do believe it keeps the bugs at bay when I am taking them.

also look into magnesium and potassium, BCAAs and amino acids. All should help you while doing extreme exercising and recovery which is basically what we do in the backcountry.
BCAAs I take mixed with an electrolyte powder also.