DIY outdoorsman Bino adapter

I applaud the DIY spirit, but you guys are buying made in China 🇨🇳 components to avoid buying from a company that makes their stuff in USA 🇺🇸

Cbrick

FNG
That’s awesome. My fat fingers can’t turn the original very well at all. I’ll be doing this soon. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joby619

FNG
I’m going to try this out and already have all the tools required. Just need to source the materials. Thanks for the write up l.

Turdle

FNG
I know the pain you speak of. Never thought of this kind of remedy. Will be doing about the same. Thanks

JeffP_Or

WKR
Good work! Will have to try this out...the adaptor was a gift to me - I like the benefit of the Outdoorsman approach being able to leave the stud in.

If you put the stud in your bino's and mark the topside, you could then remove it and file a flat face to that top side giving your thumb screw better purchase to resist bino twist? Added benefits:
  • Won't have to overtighten the thumb screw and risk stripping it?
  • Greater thumb screw thread purchase on the adapter sicne you will be a bit deeper on the screw?

Elcy

FNG
...If you put the stud in your bino's and mark the topside, you could then remove it and file a flat face to that top side giving your thumb screw better purchase to resist bino twist? Added benefits:
  • Won't have to overtighten the thumb screw and risk stripping it?
  • Greater thumb screw thread purchase on the adapter sicne you will be a bit deeper on the screw?
I filed down the top half of the stud for this reason. Can still twist the binos a bit as needed for viewing instead of moving the whole pan head.