DIY Pack Mod to add padding

123efd2

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

Was thinking about this on another thread I posted. I love my exo pack to death but I sometimes find when loaded heaver than 65lbs and going farther than 20 miles, My hips and traps start to get beat up pretty good.

I have thought about taking a cutting up one of the 2in blue walmart foam mattress toppers and gluing it to the waist belt and shoulder straps to add some extra cushion.

Anyone ever done anything like this? Thoughts? Results? Advice?

Thanks.

I have never done this, but i used to own an exo pack and went to a different one for this reason.....i tried all major top end brand of packs and i found that under "truly heavy" loads of 100+lbs......Inital ascent and Kifaru stand apart from the others. My personal pack is an intial ascent and i cant say enough good things about it. Went down to their wearhouse, took my pack with me and loaded it up with enough weight to symbolize a meat and gear load.....did the same thing with Initial Ascent and it felt like i was carrying 40 less lbs than i actually was. Amazing engineering

drra

FNG
Never modified my pack, but in my opinion lumbar support is really important so if the pack didn't have any I would try to get some (I bought the lumbar add on for my pack).