DIY pack modifications? Let’s see em!

I just bought a used stone Glacier 40/56 and although I’m happy with the purchase, I just know I’m going to want a little more organization within the pack.
I would love to see what you all have come up with for add ons, and diy mods to your packs?

i feel like something as simple as these nylon mesh mags could be a great affordable help!

Amazon mesh bags

Katman

FNG
Wanted to mount my folding foam pad externally to my K3 4800. Vertically, using the pack's cross straps, restricts access to the horseshoe zippered pocket so I decided to have it on the bottom of the pack.
The pack has straps there but they support pack contents and keep everything tight so I didn't like the idea of using them for something I needed to access frequently and use each time a wanted to sit for 5 min and glass.

Spent less than $20 and bought some 1/8" shock cord and push button toggles and made my own mounts. 2-3 ounces total weight. On or off in less than 5 seconds. Plenty of material left over for future ideas too
Toggles
Shock Cord

OP
BoltActionBrotherhood
Wanted to mount my folding foam pad externally to my K3 4800. Vertically, using the pack's cross straps, restricts access to the horseshoe zippered pocket so I decided to have it on the bottom of the pack.
The pack has straps there but they support pack contents and keep everything tight so I didn't like the idea of using them for something I needed to access frequently and use each time a wanted to sit for 5 min and glass.

Spent less than $20 and bought some 1/8" shock cord and push button toggles and made my own mounts. 2-3 ounces total weight. On or off in less than 5 seconds. Plenty of material left over for future ideas too
Toggles
Shock Cord
Picture or ban!

Katman

FNG
mOTMq5W.jpg

AKSandman

FNG
Didn’t care for my pack bag so much but liked the frame so I made a new bag for it. Before and after pics are below. It’s lighter, doesn’t snag on brush and doesn’t absorb water like the original bag.

Attachments

• 904BC552-DBA5-4E86-B51B-1E11EC6BA819.jpeg
    904BC552-DBA5-4E86-B51B-1E11EC6BA819.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 4A78F492-B849-4023-BD81-2B1D5CE2162C.jpeg
    4A78F492-B849-4023-BD81-2B1D5CE2162C.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 118

andesite

FNG
Nicely done, what's the main fabric there?
What kind of closure do you have under that big lid? Unless I'm confused in how that pack works.

AKSandman

FNG
@andesite the fabric is Waterproof performance sail fabric with a woven nylon backer. The pack has to large side pockets that can be individually compressed (for your tripod, spotter, water bottle, etc.) and the main bag body is compressed by 5 other compression straps (hidden by the lid) The best part is that you don’t tighten or compress the side pockets then you compress the main bag (a little voodoo design work there :) ) so it’s usually pretty easy to get your scope, tripod, etc. in and out. I attached a picture of the pack w/o the lid covering everything up (the little bag on the back is an aftermarket add on)

Attachments

• C83F6ED7-6787-4A3E-B659-E7B206C830DB.jpeg
    C83F6ED7-6787-4A3E-B659-E7B206C830DB.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 86

Toggles
Shock Cord
I like this idea. I have the same pack. I strap my Luxe minipeak XL tent under my lid currently. Place the pad under the bottom would work great. I kind of which there were some areas that had MOLLE for small attachments.