WTS DIY private land Group elk bowhunt in Chama NM

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Landowner on the ranch I hunt in Chama New Mexico has a first season Bowhunt available for a group of 6. This will be my 4th year hunting the ranch (I hunt during rifle) and we run minimum 60% kill every yr and 90% opportunity yearly (we pass smaller bulls, misses etc). The ranch is around 2900 acres of Elk Paradise. The entire mountain is some of the best elk habitat i have ever seen. We border a large Reservation as well. I would transfer all my onx waypoints to you if you book the hunt, I have everything marked (roads, treestands, wallows etc). If you have a group of guys that are sick of hunting colorado otc this is about as legit of a deal as it gets in the US for something like this. 4500/tag and they only do groups of buddies as it works way better than mixing groups up. You would get a chance to meet the landowner up there this summer to get a tour of the ranch and the lay of the land with a cpl ppl in your group as well. If you are interested and want to talk shoot me a private message with your phone number and we'll chat before I get you hooked up with the owner. These hunts are normally rebooked every yr by the same groups but this yr the group that had this hunt switched to a smaller ranch with less guys for a later rifle hunt. I have tons of pics of bulls taken that I will send out after we speak.

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dates for the hunt would be sep 5-14th area. 10 day hunt. It s for what New mexico defines as a mature bull but the landowner usually allows for one cow to be taken per group.

cronsman

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This sounds awesome. 4500 isn't a terrible price either. Wish I was going to have that time off...

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its an awesome ranch and awesome hunt for the money. There is a cabin, nothing to write home about though. Two rooms, one side is a cook room with a large table for eating. It has a double and a single bed, stovetop, oven, wood burning stove, and microwave. The 2nd room has two sets of bunk beds and a double bed with wood burning stove. There is an outhouse at camp as well as a on demand propane heater with shower outside in a metal building.

ofl0926

WKR
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The Landowner on the ranch I hunt in Chama New Mexico has a first season Bowhunt available for a group of 6. This will be my 4th year hunting the ranch (I hunt during rifle) and we run minimum 60% kill every yr and 90% opportunity yearly (we pass smaller bulls, misses etc). The ranch is around 2900 acres of Elk Paradise. The entire mountain is some of the best elk habitat i have ever seen. We border a large Reservation as well. I would transfer all my onx waypoints to you if you book the hunt, I have everything marked (roads, treestands, wallows etc). If you have a group of guys that are sick of hunting colorado otc this is about as legit of a deal as it gets in the US for something like this. 4500/tag and they only do groups of buddies as it works way better than mixing groups up. You would get a chance to meet the landowner up there this summer to get a tour of the ranch and the lay of the land with a cpl ppl in your group as well. If you are interested and want to talk shoot me a private message with your phone number and we'll chat before I get you hooked up with the owner. These hunts are normally rebooked every yr by the same groups but this yr the group that had this hunt switched to a smaller ranch with less guys for a later rifle hunt. I have tons of pics of bulls taken that I will send out after we speak.

Would love to hunt but I don’t have a group nor do those dates line up. Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was always the impression NM landowner tags were always unit wide. Are these tags only good for his private land?

Laramie

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guided a similar sized ranch next to the reservation in the 90s. It was very good hunting. The outfitter was getting about 7k back then for the hunts. 4500 in today's values sounds reasonable if the elk are there.

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm interesting. Any bulls over 350 in the last few years?
There has been a few close calls with bulls over 350 in the last 3 years but we have not killed one. cpl over 300 have been killed though.
I was always the impression NM landowner tags were always unit wide. Are these tags only good for his private land?
They are unit wide but unit 4 is 98% private land and the other 2% is the refuge. You would need to have landowner permission on a different ranch to be able to hunt it.

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still available just in case your group didn't draw CO. buncgh of elk come from Co anyways. come hunt them on un pressured private land and have first crack at em.

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to the owner last night. he is lowering the number of ppl to 4 for this year if anyone is interested but could not get 6 ppl. let me know if interested. Its a killer hunt and ranch.