WTS DIY private land Group elk bowhunt in Chama NM

tsloniger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a bad deal right there. My group might have given it a go if I would’ve seen this earlier. We group drew MT and plan to hunt from Sept 12-30. I’d do this one too if I had enough vacation time.

CajunNavy337

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Landowner on the ranch I hunt in Chama New Mexico has a first season Bowhunt available for a group of 6. This will be my 4th year hunting the ranch (I hunt during rifle) and we run minimum 60% kill every yr and 90% opportunity yearly (we pass smaller bulls, misses etc). The ranch is around 2900 acres of Elk Paradise. The entire mountain is some of the best elk habitat i have ever seen. We border a large Reservation as well. I would transfer all my onx waypoints to you if you book the hunt, I have everything marked (roads, treestands, wallows etc). If you have a group of guys that are sick of hunting colorado otc this is about as legit of a deal as it gets in the US for something like this. 4500/tag and they only do groups of buddies as it works way better than mixing groups up. You would get a chance to meet the landowner up there this summer to get a tour of the ranch and the lay of the land with a cpl ppl in your group as well. If you are interested and want to talk shoot me a private message with your phone number and we'll chat before I get you hooked up with the owner. These hunts are normally rebooked every yr by the same groups but this yr the group that had this hunt switched to a smaller ranch with less guys for a later rifle hunt. I have tons of pics of bulls taken that I will send out after we speak.
PM Sent

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sold to someone here on Rokslide? Hoping to get a member review.

No. Got sold to a game warden off a different forum. I hear ya on the reviews from here but there’s a reason why we have mostly the same groups yr after yr on the same weeks. these places are more like a lease than anything. Some of the groups have been up there for 12 yrs. Only reason this hunt opened up was because the group that had it last yr wanted to switch it up for a rifle hunt this yr so they could take some older folks with them. It’s really good elk hunting, really good.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds very promising, but pricey to take a leap of faith ($18k for 4). Like most, I’m a trust, but verify type of guy. That has cost me once or twice in the past, but has saved me triple that. I wish your hunters good luck!

OP
R

ruttedup

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds very promising, but pricey to take a leap of faith ($18k for 4). Like most, I’m a trust, but verify type of guy. That has cost me once or twice in the past, but has saved me triple that. I wish your hunters good luck!
Hear that. When I found the hunt years ago I called the guy looking to fill out his season. I got as much info as I could, pieced together approx where the ranch was (actually ended up drawing borders perfectly off the info I gathered). I checked the surrounding ranches/Reservation guided hunt prices, looked up what little statistics there are for unit 4 (all private), looked up unit 52 stats, scoured google earth for days, talked to some ppl off of forums about the unit and elk numbers. I figured this was to good to be true. Took a chance based off my work on a 6 man hunt. Anyone can holler at me to talk, I have no reason to lie, the landowners just like the same groups to go yr after yr and be successful and most of all respectful to their land.