DIY Pull Outs

This was my first attempt at sewing ripstop material. Pretty slippery at first and kept bunching up. Once I got the bobbin tension right, it sewed much better without bunching up .

Made a First Aid pull out and one for my Sawyer Mini Squeeze. I have several different colors of the 1.9 oz. Ripstop. Going to color code my pull outs so all I have to do is glance at it to see what is what. I may be just a little OCD... LOL View attachment 372547View attachment 372548View attachment 372549View attachment 372558View attachment 372547
Awesome
This was my first attempt at sewing ripstop material. Pretty slippery at first and kept bunching up. Once I got the bobbin tension right, it sewed much better without bunching up .

Made a First Aid pull out and one for my Sawyer Mini Squeeze. I have several different colors of the 1.9 oz. Ripstop. Going to color code my pull outs so all I have to do is glance at it to see what is what. I may be just a little OCD... LOL View attachment 372547View attachment 372548View attachment 372549View attachment 372558View attachment 372547
Nice!

GusBuss

FNG

WoodBow used your "pro tip" double sided tape idea while sewing a stove jack in a tipi. worked great! thank you for that.​

GusBuss

FNG
324matt, you get get them online just search for #3 zipper. otherwise call your local quilt shop or craft store I'm sure they will have zipper material and pulls. i cut the zippers out of little bags that your bed sheets come in and sew them into my projects.

as.ks.ak

WKR

WoodBow used your "pro tip" double sided tape idea while sewing a stove jack in a tipi. worked great! thank you for that.​

Any of you in this thread that sew, if you haven’t, check out Wonder Tape. Stuff can be magical in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GusBuss

FNG
This thread makes me want to get a sewing machine, the thought of color coded pull outs is very appealing!
Yetti, get the singer heavy duty. for around $100 it will do everything. I have used it on my wall tent. break some needles but it does the job.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
This thread got me to buy a sewing machine and I set off to try replicating the Kifaru 500D cordura pullouts. I started with the Large size and messed up my seam allowances, so the bag is a little bigger than I planned. The others came out spot on. I've never seen Kifaru's in person, so I don't know how they get the rounded corners.

I bought everything from RipstopByTheRoll for about $37. This cost included a yard of black multicam cordura 500D, 1/2" grosgrain, #3 coil zipper and sliders, and #5 coil zipper and sliders. There is leftover fabric, probably enough to make another 2-3 small/medium bags. The medium pullout can fit my microspikes and gaiters. Still figuring out how to use the other sizes!

Attachments

• IMG_8181.jpg
    IMG_8181.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8183.jpg
    IMG_8183.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8185.jpg
    IMG_8185.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8186.jpg
    IMG_8186.jpg