DIY Saddle rig/setup they'd like to share?

OP
CuZnV1nny

CuZnV1nny

FNG
Spend the money on a tethrd set up. I was skeptical at first, just got mine in today and I'm highly impressed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice, you get the starter kit? ... did you chose over aero hunter or another?

Mwilson

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the Tethrd phantom and predator platform. Will never hunt from a lock on again. It’s really worth the money

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
I used a diy sit drag set up last year and it really sucks compared to the tethrd. Really worth it to spend the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff128

FNG
Just a heads up, if you do happen to go the DYI route, please wear a rock climbing harness to back it up!
I made a DYI saddle out of a fleece blanket and wear a rock climbing harness with that. It worked well for me and I find it fairly comfortable. The blanket was like $3 at Walmart, then I used some slings that I already had for rock climbing.

Check out the Cruzr XC saddle. Probably the most comfortable in my opinion. I also own a Phantom and the Method by Latitude Outdoors. They all have their pros and cons. I would just spend the money and buy a purpose built saddle. If you use a sit drag or something else, you need a RCH anyway.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I made one from a sit drag and used it with a RCH. It works but mostly just confirmed I like that style of hunting and would consider dropping the $$$ for a nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitchp

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Cruzr XC saddle. Probably the most comfortable in my opinion. I also own a Phantom and the Method by Latitude Outdoors. They all have their pros and cons. I would just spend the money and buy a purpose built saddle. If you use a sit drag or something else, you need a RCH anyway.

You think the cruzr is more comfortable then the method?

Also,would you be interested in selling,or trading the method?

bdg848

WKR
I use a rock climbing harness and a piece of fleece as the saddle. It's pretty comfortable. Comfortable enough that I can't really justify buying a commercial one when that $200 could go towards other things I want more.

You think the cruzr is more comfortable then the method?

Also,would you be interested in selling,or trading the method?
I do think the Cruzr is more comfortable. It's just personal preference though. The Method is also comfortable, in a different way than the Cruzr. The Method has adjustability which is nice, but you have to dial it in each time. The Cruzr is just comfortable as it is. The Method is better for sitting though. I am not interested in selling.

mitchp

Lil-Rokslider
I do think the Cruzr is more comfortable. It's just personal preference though. The Method is also comfortable, in a different way than the Cruzr. The Method has adjustability which is nice, but you have to dial it in each time. The Cruzr is just comfortable as it is. The Method is better for sitting though. I am not interested in selling.

Thanks for your response brother....ive never saddle hunted and I'm about to jump in so I'm just trying to use your all's experience to cut down my learning curve. Sorry for all the questions

You'll be happy with either one. Especially as a new saddle hunter. I've been saddle hunting for around 15 years. It's a great time to be a saddle hunter, so many different options these days. Happy to help.

OP
CuZnV1nny

CuZnV1nny

FNG
WOW, I had never heard of H2 and Cruzr until now. Are there any other favorite brands to compare?

I had only heard of Tethrd and Aerohunter, but those are north of $600 for the full kit... Looks like I could get the H2 complete kit ($250) and only need sticks and a platform?

The predator platform seems like the most helpful piece from the Tethrd; anyone have a platform preference?

wesfromky

WKR
I used an aid climbing harness for a saddle before buying a Tethrd Phantom. The Phantom is way, way better for sure.

I have a predator, and a DIY one from an xop seat and a kit Ernie sold before they started Tethrd. The other platform you might look at is from out on a limb. I have their sticks and really like them.

There are a much of ways to climb and setup, so it will take some trial and error to get it dialed in, so be ready to spend some time low to the ground before climbing very high.

Since they (lattitude) dont currently offer a size option, what is your waist size height and weight. Im trying to estimate if I should wait on a larger Method. Im 6-4,210, 36 waist. My Kite doesnt work for all day sits.. Also is it easy to break the amsteel prusic and make adjustments, after being loaded? This year I switch to an H2 Trad bridge and it is not adjustable after loading without 10 min of knot pushing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Since they (lattitude) dont currently offer a size option, what is your waist size height and weight. Im trying to estimate if I should wait on a larger Method. Im 6-4,210, 36 waist. My Kite doesnt work for all day sits.. Also is it easy to break the amsteel prusic and make adjustments, after being loaded? This year I switch to an H2 Trad bridge and it is not adjustable after loading without 10 min of knot pushing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I am 5'9 200 and a 34-36 waist. It is very comfortable for me. The amsteel that H2 uses for their triad bridge is thinner and a cheaper off brand amsteel. I had the H2 triad bridge on my old Mantis. It is much easier to unload the prusik's on the method to adjust the bridge. It is harder when the saddle is brand new, but after a few loads and unloads it gets easier as the amsteel gets more supple with use. I also think they used actual amsteel and it is thicker.

WOW, I had never heard of H2 and Cruzr until now. Are there any other favorite brands to compare?

I had only heard of Tethrd and Aerohunter, but those are north of $600 for the full kit... Looks like I could get the H2 complete kit ($250) and only need sticks and a platform?

The predator platform seems like the most helpful piece from the Tethrd; anyone have a platform preference?
Lots of options for saddles now a days! Tethrd, AeroHunter, H2, Latitude Outdoors, TX5, Cruzr, Treehopper Recon, TrophyLinez JX3. I'm sure I am missing a few but those are most of them. I have owned or at least tried all of them. There are pros and cons of each one. As far as platforms, lots of options there too....Tethrd, Lone Wolf Ambush, Out on a limb has a few different ones, wild edge perch, the mission, and you can use what is called a ROS or ring of steps.