DIY Spotting scope sleeve?

So not exactly a do it yourself, but I just picked up a straight cover from Cameraland for $15 and put it on my angled Kowa. Not too bad of a fit without doing any modifications, so I’m just gonna use it as is.
f9e79032e1c4e647874ad738fbe11af9.jpg

55e1aa9e71d39dab4af353bdf7d2c1f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gznokes

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only one who thinks spotting scope covers are not necessary? Granted, I'm using a Swarovski that is rubber plated, but I see other spotting scopes that are the same and people still use spotting scope covers. I've had my scope for years and used it on every type of hunt ranging from horses, to backpacks, to trucks, and ATVs. My scope still looks great and I've never wished I had one. To me they are just another thing to futz with and add weight to my pack. I'm just careful to keep track of and use the lens covers. What am I missing?

Am I the only one who thinks spotting scope covers are not necessary? Granted, I'm using a Swarovski that is rubber plated, but I see other spotting scopes that are the same and people still use spotting scope covers. I've had my scope for years and used it on every type of hunt ranging from horses, to backpacks, to trucks, and ATVs. My scope still looks great and I've never wished I had one. To me they are just another thing to futz with and add weight to my pack. I'm just careful to keep track of and use the lens covers. What am I missing?
Some of us are just 🔨’s. I think of it like insurance, do you crash your car everyday? No but if they catch you without it it’s gunna cost you...

BCoker

FNG
I made one from some 3 color desert 1000d and quilted batting for a cheap celestron c-65 (good luck finding a case for that). I'll try to get some photos tomorrow. Was the first sewing project for hunting and after many years away from the machine, she ain't pretty but she works.

BCoker

FNG
Got the pics this morning. Disregard the pic quality took them.on my phone before I had coffee. I look back and see I have learned a ton since I started.

Attachments

• LensCoversOff.png
    LensCoversOff.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • CaseExterior.png
    CaseExterior.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • ObjCover.png
    ObjCover.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • LensCleanClothLoop.png
    LensCleanClothLoop.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • LensCoverPadding.png
    LensCoverPadding.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • CaseInterior.png
    CaseInterior.png
    993.4 KB · Views: 22
  • RightSide.png
    RightSide.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • LeftSide.png
    LeftSide.png
    462 KB · Views: 22
  • Top.png
    Top.png
    671.8 KB · Views: 22
I've nearly gone blind looking for a neoprene cover for my Nikon ED50 angled spotter. o_O

Pity they didn't put just a little more thought into the case it came with. It's one zipper away from working great as a stay-on case.

Fatcamp

WKR
I was just talking to a buddy about cook set coozies as we’re piecing our kits together not buying them.

Kept my old dive booties too read a thick piece of felt glued to the bottom makes some very quiet stalking slippers...
That is a great idea!