diy stove pipe rings

kyleds8

FNG
lost my seek outside stove pipe rings and need to replace asap, was thinking hose clamps, anyone have any better ideas I could buy or fashion on the quick?

c670809

FNG
I don't have that stove but I've built a homemade stove and used stainless braided fishing line and very small washers.

Put the washers in a vice and start folding them in half, make the correct size loop of line, place the ends in the washer and fold it over.

rayporter

WKR
lots of cable ideas and most any farm or hardware store should have small cable. you can get fence connectors to crimp the cable there, too. look for the connectors for high tensile fence.

I'll add that what ever route you choose to go, don't feel like you have to have a ring every 6". I stopped using all the rings that came with my SO RC. I only use one every 24" or so, and have never had smoke inside. Well one time, but the snow and oils from wood have plugged my screen which I brilliantly installed at the top of the pipe VS the bottom..

If your pipe is so badly used and wrinkled beyond normal, you may need more. My pipe is wrinkled and dented, but it still doesn't leak with only 5 rings.