DIY Stryker Clone

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nice job, I have a custom request for a stryker inspired bag on my build list (alot less PALS, side stretch pockets, interior mesh like you added).

What are you thoughts on using Xpac for the cargo sling and back of pack?

Also where do you source your materials from? I have been looking at Seattle fabric and rocky woods

Edit to add: Most of the xpac stuff is fairly stiff, personally if using it I'd just make the rear panel of the bag out if it if you were worried about blood going through the pack and keep the sling as 500d for flexibility. If you're worried about bleed through to the frame that stryker sling panel is more than one layer so again perhaps make the panel against the frame (w/o all the PALS) in Xpac and you'd isolate your bag and frame doing those 2 things. Just a thought.

Rockywoods is a good source for xpac and cordura, as noted you can get cordura off ebay as well but the consistency can vary, the rockywoods stuff is a nice product depending on what you need out of it.

Last edited:
OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
@pods8 i do regret not adding some side stretch pockets. May seam rip and add them if i find i really miss having them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good d
Nice job, I have a custom request for a stryker inspired bag on my build list (alot less PALS, side stretch pockets, interior mesh like you added).

Edit to add: Most of the xpac stuff is fairly stiff, personally if using it I'd just make the rear panel of the bag out if it if you were worried about blood going through the pack and keep the sling as 500d for flexibility. If you're worried about bleed through to the frame that stryker sling panel is more than one layer so again perhaps make the panel against the frame (w/o all the PALS) in Xpac and you'd isolate your bag and frame doing those 2 things. Just a thought.

Rockywoods is a good source for xpac and cordura, as noted you can get cordura off ebay as well but the consistency can vary, the rockywoods stuff is a nice product depending on what you need out of it.

Good deal thanks. I’ve been looking through all the DIY packs and it really has me wanting to give it a try!

Mitten32

WKR

Would love to see pictures of this project once it's done.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Damn dude! You're a wizard with the needle and thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SpineENGR

FNG
WoodBow having read through your build do you think a Stryker bag from Kifaru could be outfitted with clip-on backpack straps like you have? I really like the bag but don't always need to carry it on a frame.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
WoodBow having read through your build do you think a Stryker bag from Kifaru could be outfitted with clip-on backpack straps like you have? I really like the bag but don't always need to carry it on a frame.
Im pretty positive it could. My attachment points are copied off kifarus design.

SpineENGR

FNG
Im pretty positive it could. My attachment points are copied off kifarus design.

Perfect. Did you just use stretch bungee's on the bottom to keep the roll tight? Sort of hard to tell exactly.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Perfect. Did you just use stretch bungee's on the bottom to keep the roll tight? Sort of hard to tell exactly.
Yea it is just a piece of shock cord. I just played around with it until i found what way held it the best and most tidy.

dallas.kc

Lil-Rokslider
The more I look around this DIY threads the more I realize there are actual wizards out there. Nice work

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Okay got the one requested from me done, we ended up swapping over to 500d side pockets with a pleated bottom and cordloc/shock cord closure adjustment.

iDa2AIgl.jpg

WbbGxGQl.jpg