DIY suspender loops

I’m currently looking for some help and Information about DIY suspender belt loops. What fabric should I buy for the seamstress to install belt loops? I know I can buy suspenders that can hook on the belt loops but I am worried about my belt loops tearing out in the field. Does anyone have experience with that? Just looking for the best way that I can wear suspenders with my hunting pants that do not have the suspender loops already there. Not interested in clips

Tod osier

WKR
I’m currently looking for some help and Information about DIY suspender belt loops. What fabric should I buy for the seamstress to install belt loops? I know I can buy suspenders that can hook on the belt loops but I am worried about my belt loops tearing out in the field. Does anyone have experience with that? Just looking for the best way that I can wear suspenders with my hunting pants that do not have the suspender loops already there. Not interested in clips

buttons are a classy way if you haven't seen them. They would be easier as well.

OP
S
buttons are a classy way if you haven't seen them. They would be easier as well.
I’ll definitely look into buttons more as a last resort, I already have first lite suspenders that I absolutely love with obsidian merino pants. Trying to make them work with my other pants as well

WoodBow

WKR
Before you go to the trouble, have you worn suspenders? I thought I would love them. I do not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
If you have an old pair of jeans you could probably cut rectangles out of that and fold them in half to make loops for the suspenders. You're probably best off going with whatever your seamstress suggests. I don't recall the width of the suspender buckles, but 1" elastic tape might be a good option.

OP
S
yeah buttons seem the way to go in terms of the best way to modify your own shit

pirogue

WKR
Some suspenders like the Kuiu have a Z type clip, so a button is not the answer, or would require twice the amount of modifications. I’d rather just sew some loops on.

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider

It wouldn’t be crazy difficult to do something like yourself. Do you have access to a sewing machine. It would be a pretty simple process of folding over a rectangular length of fabric to create a loop and sewing a bartack or closely stitched zigzag stitch to attach it to the pants. I feel like cordura, denim or any other heavy duty type fabric would be fine. I have first lite and kryptic pants that have suspender loops built into the belt loops, and the fabric is the same that the pants are made out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk