DIY Tepee

I made this tepee a couple years ago and it has been awesome. For anyone wanting to take on the task of building their own tepee know that you are going to spend a considerable amount of time to build a bigger tent. Trying to manage all that material is tough. I knew nothing about sewing before this and used my wifes $100 sewing machine. This tent has held up to snow, high winds and some pretty rough back country conditions. I used the HyperD PU 4000 material by ripstop by the roll.

Attachments

• untitled (8 of 10).jpg
    untitled (8 of 10).jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 556
  • untitled (5 of 10).jpg
    untitled (5 of 10).jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 561
You should really be proud of your teepee. It looks great. You have been keeping some awesome company out there. CONGRATS on all your success.

Nicodez

FNG
That thing looks fantastic! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
It does look good. Can we ask how much $ you have into the project?

rclouse79

WKR
I made this tepee a couple years ago and it has been awesome. For anyone wanting to take on the task of building their own tepee know that you are going to spend a considerable amount of time to build a bigger tent. Trying to manage all that material is tough. I knew nothing about sewing before this and used my wifes $100 sewing machine. This tent has held up to snow, high winds and some pretty rough back country conditions. I used the HyperD PU 4000 material by ripstop by the roll.
Bravo! I have toyed around with the idea but am not quite comfortable enough with my sewing skills. Looks like you did a good job.

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
That thing looks incredible!
Any pictures of the inside? Roughly how much material did you use? And any plans?

that is an awesome job for someone who had zero experience! Are there any helpful links or videos you used that you could link to?

Looks like quite a nice setup! If you every get around to posting the plans, I'm sure you will get some love on here!

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
If the OP doesn't get around to posting plans check out "Make your own backcountry Teepee" on youtube for further inspiration.