DIY Timney 510 V2 trigger replacement Remington 700

Anyone here ever put one of these in at home? I want to check in with an experienced person before I live fire it. BTW I am not a gunsmith obviously but I’m a mechanically adept maintenance mechanic and electrician. I have worked on boilers, large propane burners, 460 volt switchgear and other dangerous equipment for 40 years.

image.jpg

I just got done dropping one in my old 700. When I got done I had these parts left over... (see picture) the trigger assembly and this two piece stamped steel arrangement which I’m guessing is the sear. I watched a couple videos and sometimes they go a little fast over something they think is obvious. So I didn’t see them remove the factory 2-piece sear. So in my inspection of the situation, I can see no room for the old sear, and it looks like the Timney has its own self contained sear that doesn’t come out of the trigger assembly. So the old sear goes in the spare parts box or the trash and not someplace on the new trigger assembly. Is this correct?

I put the pins back in and operated/dry fired the rifle a few times including a bump fire test by smacking the butt against the floor a few times with the bolt cocked, and everything works as it should. The rifle fires when it should and doesn’t when it shouldn’t. The bolt release works fine.

You are correct. The Timney contains its own sear. It’s a pretty straight forward swap.