DIY Trail Camera Mounts

WESTERN VA HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
So I fabricated some trail camera mounts in just a couple hours on a weekend back 2 summers ago. Got tired of squirrels or mice chewing my straps off, only to return to my camera laying on the ground. This usually isn't a problem if you only leave cameras out for a short period of time, but I typically leave mine out year round. Be sure to check the laws on public land in your area if you plan to use them on public land.

These are fully adjustable if you turn the mount horizontal or vertical. Also made the bracket for my camera, since it didn't have any attachment options other than the straps. Very sturdy little setup and haven't had one chewed off since. Total cost was about $4-5 each, but only that expensive because I used all stainless hardware.
20180909_145655.jpg
20180909_145705.jpg

Last edited:

mooster

WKR
Can you post a parts list? Parts custom fab or stuff that can pick up at a hardware store? The black piece seems key.

OP
WESTERN VA HUNTER

WESTERN VA HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Can you post a parts list? Parts custom fab or stuff that can pick up at a hardware store? The black piece seems key.
I can get you a parts list when I get home. I'm working out of town till Tuesday. The black piece is some sheet metal I had laying around. I bent it with a hammer and a vice. Then welded a nut to the back. The allthreead going through it is just to keep pressure on the sheetmetal to make it expand to keep it sturdy in the camera. Hope that helps.

mooster

WKR
I can get you a parts list when I get home. I'm working out of town till Tuesday. The black piece is some sheet metal I had laying around. I bent it with a hammer and a vice. Then welded a nut to the back. The allthreead going through it is just to keep pressure on the sheetmetal to make it expand to keep it sturdy in the camera. Hope that helps.
Yes that makes sense. Thx.

Twitch

WKR
I do the same, but without the bracket on the back.
I spin the camera onto the 1/4x20 eye bolt, the point it straight up. You can add another nut if you want to be able to turn the cam, and then tighten the nut to hold the position.

OP
WESTERN VA HUNTER

WESTERN VA HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I do the same, but without the bracket on the back.
I spin the camera onto the 1/4x20 eye bolt, the point it straight up. You can add another nut if you want to be able to turn the cam, and then tighten the nut to hold the position.
The only reason I made the bracket, is that my camera didn't have the 1/4 x 20 attachment built into it.