do any manufacturers warranty used bows?

Hi all, I'm looking at a flagship bow later this year but wondering...do any manufacturers warranty a used bow for a non original owner, or will any perform work on a used bow if you pay? I see lots of used 2020 bows, but if it breaks and im out a chunk of money, I'd rather buy new.

Thanks!

Athens Archery has a lifetime warranty. I bought a used Athens and the limbs started to splinter. I contacted Athens, they asked for pictures, and I had new limbs on the way that same day.

As far as I know they might be the only ones that still offer a lifetime warranty for current year models.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

dkime

WKR
Hi all, I'm looking at a flagship bow later this year but wondering...do any manufacturers warranty a used bow for a non original owner, or will any perform work on a used bow if you pay? I see lots of used 2020 bows, but if it breaks and im out a chunk of money, I'd rather buy new.

Thanks!

You’ll have better luck buying a used bow that’s unregistered if you’re looking for a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
A warranty isn't even a thought when I buy used. I've never needed warranty service on any of the several bows I have owned over the past 3+ decades. If you really feel you need a warranty, buy brand new.

87TT

WKR
A warranty isn't even a thought when I buy used. I've never needed warranty service on any of the several bows I have owned over the past 3+ decades. If you really feel you need a warranty, buy brand new.
This^^^^^^^

Fatcamp

WKR
A pair of limbs isn't very expensive. Strings should be replaced regardless. Not sure what a warranty would get me.

You’ll have better luck buying a used bow that’s unregistered if you’re looking for a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could do this... but... you’re really gaming the system and kind of sticking up your middle finger to the manufacturer by lying and saying you’re the original owner when you’re obviously not. I imagine you’d have to lie on the the warranty card and claim you bought the bow from a certain retailer.

jmez

WKR
You have to submit a receipt with the warranty registration I believe.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Limbs are getting to be expensive. I think $225-250 a set for many bows if not warrantied. Past 10 years I have had at least 4 sets of limbs warrantied.

To each their own, but I have used a lot of warranties. It's been across 4 different brands as well for things from cams, bearings, to limbs.

With many it's as simple as going onto the manufacturers website and filling out a registration card. Just need to enter your name, serial number, and place of purchase. I can't remember needing a receipt. I generally don't register a bow for the first little bit of owning it, if I don't like it and sell it someone else can register it that way. I don't see that as being any different than a shop letting people shoot it. Maybe I'm lying, I don't see it that way, I was just demoing the bow.