Do any of you use Lighted Nocks?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used Nocturnals sometimes for tuning, just to see what my arrows are doing in flight. But I can't stand how they "smoosh" onto the string just like X nocks do, so I've never used them beyond tuning.

KHNC

WKR
I have been using Firenocks for 10 years now. The best out there in my opinion. Lifetime warranty too. If you dont lose the arrow , they will always replace a broken nock if needed. I have broken very few. With the high shock end caps, i have used target nocks after impacting trees or rocks. The battery was smashed up and the arrow broken. The nock still was working perfectly, even with the end of the battery mashed up from the end cap impact.

KHNC

WKR
I’m going to try some. Stick an elk at last legal light and you will be tracking with a flashlight. Obvi no help if you get a pass thru or buried fletching, but possibly a big help.
On my 2018 Wyoming bull, i actually found it by seeing the red nock lit up after dark. Most of the time you will have a pass thru or buried though. does help to find the arrow and get an idea of the blood on it.

HuntWyld

WKR
I use Firenocks with Easton Pro Comps, BE X-Impacts and other .166 arrows. They work and are dependable. Batteries will last a season. Tried several other cheaper options and they were not dependable. The Nock itself is very much worth using even if you decide not to go lighted. They are expensive and take some time and patience to install but if you want a lighted nock to light every time, be very bright and not compromise the quality of your arrow they are probably the only choice.
Any chance you recall how much the complete system weighs for the firenock G nock? Getting some conflicting weights looking it up online.

rom828q

FNG
Use Nockturnals. They work good most of the time. Only problem I've had is them shorting/draining after carrying them in a lot of rain all season (blacktail hunting). Love them for filming, helps a ton to be able to assess shot placement before tracking if necessary.

My arrows don’t shoot nearly as well with nocturnal lighted nocks as they do standard knock. Switched them all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I like lighted nocks. It really helps with knowing where I hit the animal and finding my arrow. You can tell alot about the shot by the blood on the arrow..

I've been shooting these knock offs from Amazon for a couple years.. They will wear out if you turn them on and off a lot but I just set a dozen arrows to the side with new nocks for hunting.
Arrow Nock X/5.2mm LED Nock Screwdriver Included, 6 PCS Universal Fit for Arrows with ID of .204".233".244" & .246" https://a.co/d/enYNEmz

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I like lighted nocks. It really helps with knowing where I hit the animal and finding my arrow. You can tell alot about the shot by the blood on the arrow..

I've been shooting these knock offs from Amazon for a couple years.. They will wear out if you turn them on and off a lot but I just set a dozen arrows to the side with new nocks for hunting.
Arrow Nock X/5.2mm LED Nock Screwdriver Included, 6 PCS Universal Fit for Arrows with ID of .204".233".244" & .246" https://a.co/d/enYNEmz
Those look identical to what I have coming tomorrow. 28 bucks a dozen.

rclouse79

WKR
In addition to the advantages they provide hunting, I find them just plain fun to shoot. I have three nockturnals on my practice arrows. I will shoot those all summer and then put on fresh ones for hunting season.

HuntWyld

WKR
Adding 10-15 grains to the back of your arrow will DEFINITELY change things like your sight tape/pin gapping at distance and quite possibly change your tune as well by the added weight, stiffening dynamic spine, and changing nock fit.

Last edited:

eltaco

WKR
Adding 10-15 grains to the back of your arrow will DEFINITELY change things like your sight tape/pin gapping at distance and quite possibly change your tune as well by the added weight, stiffening dynamic spine, and changing nock fit.

I had that same concern and through years of testing, I’m fully confident my Nockturnal arrows land in the same group as my regular Nocks in my HEXX arrows out to 80-100yds. There’s certainly a weight difference per the scale, but real world results haven’t concluded any significant difference in drop. I frequently have both arrows in my quiver.

I know you have to take that for what it is coming from another internet pro, but I was able to convince myself it’s an insignificant difference at hunting distances.